Home

Madden 360 freezes...A simple experiment to see if it's the disk or the system.

This is a discussion on Madden 360 freezes...A simple experiment to see if it's the disk or the system. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2005, 09:51 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: Madden 360 freezes...A simple experiment to see if it's the disk or the system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueballs
Does the power brick feel hot to the touch? If it's the power brick and not the console's hardware, I bet you can call Microsoft and have them send you a new one.
To me, it feels warm to the touch, and "hot" would be too strong of a word to describe it. Of course, even though it feels "warm" and not "hot", perhaps it is still too hot for the powerbrick itself.
Old 12-02-2005, 11:07 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Madden 360 freezes...A simple experiment to see if it's the disk or the system.

Under the pwr brick it states if it overheats the color on the indicator turns red. If it doesnt turn red its not an overheating issue.

My Madden disk serial number is 7A3F44A8-L1 and it froze in the first quarter. I have sent my system in for repair/replacement. The real key is listening to the disk drive.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:33 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 11

In my case, it very well may not be an overheating powerbrick. It could simply be a case of outright hardware failure. I'm also sending in mine to be fixed, provided my local retailer doesn't call me first to swap it out.

In any event, what time I have been able to play Madden, I have enjoyed the gameplay.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:17 AM   #20
Bat
what

Bat's Arena

OVR: 22

mine has froze about 10 times
Old 12-10-2005, 09:48 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1

I think Madden freezing is a bug in the game.

It was rushed and depending on if you hit the bug will depend if you see it much.

My thoughts anyway.

Tman
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2005, 12:13 PM   #22
Running of the Bulls

Macar91's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat9th
mine has froze about 10 times

Could you tell us your serial #?
Old 12-15-2005, 11:50 AM   #23
Rookie

Rook's Arena

OVR: 2

I don't have the game on hand to give you the serial # (at work) but mine has froze about 4 times in a season and a half, all coming in the third or fourth quarter. Its the only game where I've had a freeze and the others haven't even seemed to come close to freezing. WIth me in Madden, it seems like everytime its happened it was right after a finished play and I was pressing the button to try and get back to the play calling screen quicker. Almost like I was going from play to play too fast and it was having a hard time keeping up.
Old 12-15-2005, 05:18 PM   #24
Rookie

Swervekid's Arena

OVR: 3

I have played a couple seasons against the computer and it never froze. Than last night my buddy was in town and we played each other and all three times it froze in various stages of the game, once beginning of first, second and third were late in the third and fourth quarters. Pretty damn annoying if you ask me. By the way no other game has foze on me(Call duty, tiger woods, PGR 3, Gun, or Halo 2).
As Down the field we thunder.

Knights of the Green and Gold
Fight with all your might!
Fight on you stalwart Ram team
Fight! Fight! Fight!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »