Home

Precision Passing / Vision Cone

This is a discussion on Precision Passing / Vision Cone within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2005, 04:18 PM   #1
Pro

CptObvious's Arena

OVR: 9
Precision Passing / Vision Cone

Previous topic about passing issues brought my current question to light. I am pretty sure I have the vision cone / precision passing bit down, correct if I am mistaken

Vision Cone :

When the QB is in the process of dropping back to pass (during straight drop / after play action fake handoff) you tap the RIGHT ANALOG stick to bring up the cone. At this point you have to hold down the LEFT TRIGGER and press a corresponding receivers ICON. To switch receivers you hit their respective icon. When you want to pass you hit the receivers designated letter a 2nd time while concentrating on them. Or if you need to pass it quickly let go of the LEFT TRIGGER and hit any corresponding receiver letter.

Precision Passing :

Once the pass is released hold the following direction on the LEFT ANALOG stick to effect the pass

Receiver running Left to Right

UP : Directs pass high towards receiver to take advantage of height advantage
DOWN : Throws pass low towards receiver to take advantage of CB being behind receiver
RIGHT / LEFT : Lead / Throw behind receiver depending on their direction

Receiver running upfield (not sure if this or the above applies to Corner / Post routes)

UP : Lead receiver downfield
Down : Cut off receiver route to settle into ZONE between LB's and Secondary
Right / Left : Same as above.

Am I missing anything here? I played with the Falcons last night and enjoyed the passing game a bit more actually using the cone. It also seemed to cut down on the catching animation issues I listed in my previous post, seemed to get receivers to catch SOME passes in stride.

Thanks for the help
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2005, 12:25 PM   #2
Pro

kapo's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Precision Passing / Vision Cone

You don't need to hit the right analog stick at all if you dont want to. pre play you can hold the left trigger and hit the receiver you want it to focus on as soon as you snap, or you can just hike the ball and hit left trigger + icon and it will lock on. I think you got everything else right though.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:03 PM   #3
Pro

CptObvious's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Precision Passing / Vision Cone

Thanks for the reply...I did find that out last night after finally finding where my 2yo had hidden my instruction booklet (if you could call it that, being its so damn small). Having a bit more success passing with the vision cone, also seems to have cut down on the ridiculous catching animations always playing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »