Home

Madden 360 demo is out.

This is a discussion on Madden 360 demo is out. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2005, 09:52 PM   #9
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Madden 360 demo is out.

I know the game is stripped down but is the demo really representative of the atmosphere in the full game? I know the announcer wasn't in there but is that all that is added?

I don't even think the addition of a lone announcer could save that lack luster abiance. It is just really really bad - it just looks like no effort was even put into the on field presentation - it felt hallow when I was playing the demo....like it was a early beta.

What is with McNabb mumbling "here we go" before every snap. Ugggg...that is the worst voice acting I have heard in any game and it was repeated non-stop to drive the horrible point home.

I also agree about the graphics as well. I was ready to be blown away but frankly NBA2K6 looks every bit as next gen as Madden does. Not to mention everyone is on steroids.

I thought I would be able to deal with a stipped down game as long as the onfield stuff was good but I am not sure anymore - not if it is really that stripped down. My copy still sits unopened and now I am really really thinking of what other launch titles I might like instead.

Last edited by lnin0; 12-02-2005 at 09:56 PM.
Old 12-02-2005, 11:17 PM   #10
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

I decided to give it a chance since it's free. It wasn't horrible. Thought the animations were really well done.

Questions:
Why does Tom Brady have a flashlight?
Why doesn't anyone else have a flashlight?
Why would you even need it in a day game?
No challenges?
Old 12-02-2005, 11:23 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

All these comments are funny...b/c they are going 2 be irrelavant when the 2007 series of games come out....they only had a couple of months to make the game people.....play ur regular xbox until next year and stop complaining!!!

Favorite Teams:
NBA: New York Knicks
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
MLB: New York Yankees
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2005, 11:39 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacout456
All these comments are funny...b/c they are going 2 be irrelavant when the 2007 series of games come out....they only had a couple of months to make the game people.....play ur regular xbox until next year and stop complaining!!!
actually they only had a few months with the final kits. and from the horses mouth, theyve stated this game is years in the making. 1-3 years. stop making excuses
Old 12-03-2005, 12:27 AM   #13
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas
actually they only had a few months with the final kits. and from the horses mouth, theyve stated this game is years in the making. 1-3 years. stop making excuses
Now THAT is funny. All that time in the making and they have to scrap every feature, have no presentation AND the AI still stinks.

Yeah, 2007 will be great becauase they will add ESPN broadcast stuff to it but the gameplay will still be like this for the next 5 years...at which point I can go back to a real football game.

Here is when I decided to give up - returning a punt from the 30 yard hashmark and I have three defenders coming at me down the right side of the field and then daylight. I wait for my blocker to get in front of me and follow him angling toward the right sidelines. I figure he can maybe take out the two defenders running side by side and I can try and juke the other - but instead of even engaging any defender he runs right in front of them and right on past and out of bounds as if he was heading for the bench. Meanwhile I got three guys taking me down...well, one really since there is no gang tackles in Madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »