Home

Madden 360 online play

This is a discussion on Madden 360 online play within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-05-2005, 01:26 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Madden 360 online play

I recently saw some complaints from another forum that Madden 360 online is very laggy and pretty much unplayable. Can anyone confirm if this is true or not? Is EA planning on fixing the problem?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2005, 10:14 AM   #2
john14:6

ghm125's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Madden 360 online play

been playing since day1,its no more " laggy",than any other,for most part 95%of my games are very smooth,from time to time u may get a hiccup,but overall its good....
Old 12-05-2005, 05:03 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 12

I played online the other day and it was definately laggy. Out of the 6 games I have played online with the 360 madden was the worst as far as lag is concerned. It didn't really affect the game all that much but it was definately not smooth and very noticeable. Every other game I have played on the 360 online has been smoother.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:03 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratt75
I played online the other day and it was definately laggy. Out of the 6 games I have played online with the 360 madden was the worst as far as lag is concerned. It didn't really affect the game all that much but it was definately not smooth and very noticeable. Every other game I have played on the 360 online has been smoother.
I had a little bit of lag, the worst lag I've ever had though is on Call of Duty 2. Anyways, my problem was that I was playing a guy and was up 27-14 and he quit midway thru the 3rd quarter and he lost his connection. Instead of quitting and keeping my stats (except for the win) I opted to try and finish the game against the computer (no lag at all against them). I say try because the game ended up not letting me finish with 36 seconds left. It was weird the sound was there and people were moving but the playcalling screen never came back up. I don't think I'll be playing this game online anymore.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:09 AM   #5
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77

So far, everytime I go online and play someone there is considerable lag. I can't stand playing football w/ lag. I haven't connected w/ anyone yet w/ a great connection.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2005, 10:45 AM   #6
MVP

Badgun's Arena

OVR: 12

It's not unplayable, but there's definitely lag. I've had a couple lag free games, but for the most part they have all had some lag.

I think the worst thing about online play is they took out the fair play options and now people are going for it on 4th and 26 from their own 10 again. Kicking onside kicks every time and going for two. I hope they put fair play back in next year.
Old 12-07-2005, 12:13 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgun
It's not unplayable, but there's definitely lag. I've had a couple lag free games, but for the most part they have all had some lag.

I think the worst thing about online play is they took out the fair play options and now people are going for it on 4th and 26 from their own 10 again. Kicking onside kicks every time and going for two. I hope they put fair play back in next year.

There is most defiantely a lag problem. It is playable , but it hurts the enjoyment of the game bigtime. I have only played 4 games online because of this. it doesnt feel like football with the lag issues to me. I would have played about 50 games online by now if not for the lag. i would rather play offline franchise righ now.

And yes the fair play not being there blows big time. Couple that with no user stats so you have no way of knowing what kind of cheesy SOB your getting into a game with.

LMMFAO at your SIG. The Cowgirls wouldnt cross the 50 yard line against the BEARS defense. lol. Could you even imagine what the BEARS Dline would do to Bledsoe ? It would be ugly.
Minnesota Wild

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »