Home

Can Defense Be Played On This Game?

This is a discussion on Can Defense Be Played On This Game? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-14-2005, 10:35 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Can Defense Be Played On This Game?

In the absence of defensive playmaker I am having a hard time playing defense. Seems like top WR's & TE's catch EVERYTHING and the lob pass is indefensible. I'd like to know other people's opinions on playing defense in Madden 360. Do I need more practice or is the game seriously flawed?

Also, how do you audible back and forth from the following:

Kickoff Team- Regular KO to Onside (and vice-versa)

Kick Return Team- Regular return formation to Onside formation (vice-versa)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2005, 12:10 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Can Defense Be Played On This Game?

I agree, playing D is nearly impossible. Just played a dynasty game with the Bears against the Lions. Joey Harrington was chucking the ball downfield on me the whole game. I know Mike Williams had 100 yards by the half. I can't even remember some of the other stats. But I am trying to INT the pass and that didn't work, so I try to swat it down and that doesn't work. On top of that, many of these passes are against three deep zones or cover 2 and I can't do anything even with the help.
Old 12-15-2005, 10:02 AM   #3
Why Not?

cbgatorade0202's Arena

OVR: 17

Yep Wide Receivers and Tight ends are gods int his game, You can play defense against a Sim player but if you play someone who just wants to throw deep and such it is no fun and there are so many glitches with the Cornerbacks itz not even funny
Old 12-16-2005, 10:56 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbgatorade0202
Yep Wide Receivers and Tight ends are gods int his game, You can play defense against a Sim player but if you play someone who just wants to throw deep and such it is no fun and there are so many glitches with the Cornerbacks itz not even funny

I was loving this game when I first got it. Then after 4 online games I havent played it since. There is ZERO defense. The DB's are incapable of making a play on the ball.

If you play against a good QB you are finished there is NOTHING you can do to stop it. I realized this when I was playing a guy online Bears vs Bengals. NO lie the guy acted like my DB's werent even there. He would just snap the ball and GUN it to any receiver he wanted to and it was completed. I was laughing my azz off the whole time. I would have TRIPLE coverage on the WR I knew he was throwing to and it didnt matter. ANd he knew it didnt matter.
He just dropped back and completed 90% of his passes to WR's I had covered perfectly. Sure I picked off a few manually , but all fun for this game was lost. Its just an offensive shootout.
Minnesota Wild
Old 12-16-2005, 09:28 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

I played a bit more online and although I still maintain this game gives the advantage to an offense, there is some defensive hope. I think you just have to play a defense that covers the flats, doubles the Z WR (since most people throw to the right side WR) and you have to play manually as a LB and either react to the run or cover the middle of the field and HOPE the other CPU controlled men do their jobs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2005, 02:15 AM   #6
W* B*ck!!

Scoop 24's Arena

OVR: 24

i was having trouble playing defense before. till i switch to using my MLB (vilma) and actaully follow out the Defense plays correctly and now i get alot defense stops = alot of punting for cpu in fact my last game vs the bears i wont 9-3. i also notice overloading a side were ur blitzing is very effective

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »