Home

WOW....Madden 360 is terrible!

This is a discussion on WOW....Madden 360 is terrible! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-23-2005, 10:18 AM   #9
MVP

forensicd's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: WOW....Madden 360 is terrible!

I hate to say it, but Madden is seriously one of the worst executed games of the last decade. Let me explain:

There is such thing as presentation that gets you immersed into a video game. Madden has none. Everyplay is the same, u see the qb close up at the beginning, and he snarls as he looks over the defense. Then when the play is over, you will notice when you get hit on the ground, everything freezes, and your guy looks like he has rigamortis, just laying there on his back with his hands in the air. Where is the half time show? Hell, double dribble on the NES had a halftime show! Where are the refs, were are the chain gangs? When you do a replay, you cant even see where the first down markers are! Also, how about letting me tell when im on defense who i am guarding. I like to be a d back, and take the best wr, but now I cant tell who is out there becuase they took away the names off when you see who you are covering. Oh, how about those animation? Man, arent they great! I love how im running to the outside, and have a clear lane, but then my guy all of a sudden turns around to start to go into an animation of getting tackled byt he LB chasing me! Thats fun stuff! How about the lack of ANY penalties in this game? Kinda odd when EAs tag line is "if its in the game, its in the game", but nothing that makes up football is in the game.

Im sorry, but im royally pissed at EA for putting out all the crap they have. Madden is one of the worst playing sports games to grace a console in a decade. There is not one thing positive about this game imo, even the player models are still huge and look nothing like an nfl player (save bill rominoski on steroiods). They spent all the time making stadiums, but you see them for literally 2 seconds, if that, during a cut scene. Im sorry EA, but you suck, 2k would have mopped the floor with you this time around. Charging 60 bones for this garbage should be illegal.
Old 12-23-2005, 10:48 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm not really worried, considering I believe Madden 2007 will be great. Obviously the animations will be expanded upon, how could they not be? EA is smarter than this and will fix it. The meat of the game will be added back into 2007, and I just think EA is bound to improve on this disappointing next gen debut.
Old 12-23-2005, 10:52 AM   #11
Meatball

OVR:

How can you judge a game after playing only 2 quarters???

You're like the other game reviewers who give negative reviews when they probably didn't give the game enough time. You can't judge a game after about 30 minutes of real time game play.

Last edited by Meatball; 12-24-2005 at 08:23 PM.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2005, 10:52 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt34652000
I'm not really worried, considering I believe Madden 2007 will be great. Obviously the animations will be expanded upon, how could they not be? EA is smarter than this and will fix it. The meat of the game will be added back into 2007, and I just think EA is bound to improve on this disappointing next gen debut.
I hope so too. I do agree with you and maybe they are saving it for a better showing on the PS3 if it gets a Fall Release date.
Old 12-23-2005, 11:06 AM   #13
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbubs
How can you judge a game after playing only 2 quarters???

You're like the other game reviewers who give neagtive reviews when they probably didn't give the game enough time. You cant judge a game after about 30 minutes of real time game play.
Well I played roughly 10 or so games so that I could judge the game thoroughly. Final verdict was the game is terrible.
Old 12-23-2005, 11:15 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 11

given EA's track record i have absolutely no hope for this series...fortuately 2k is making a football game(this according to ign) to give us a choice.
Old 12-23-2005, 11:25 AM   #15
MVP

forensicd's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt34652000
This is how we all get suckered in though. Wait till next year, or the next year, and keep shelling out 60 bones each time. Madden is a dinosaur of a game now. With all the advancements in technology, why is that EA still goes back to the same old thing that was broken before? Because they could care less about producing a good game, all that matters is money. Madden will never lose money, therefore dont fix what aint broken. In the end, its the wait till next year mentality that kills us all as gamers. This years madden is so full of bugs it not funny, but do we hold them responsilble for this? no. But, if your computer software is buggy as hell, we are up in arms, demanding, for example, microsoft fix the problems at hand. Why dont we hold video games to this level?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2005, 11:29 AM   #16
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

My final verdict is that this game is not terrible, but its pretty lackluster.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »