Home

EA What about us Online guys ?

This is a discussion on EA What about us Online guys ? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2005, 03:16 PM   #9
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: EA What about us Online guys ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dguru
3-No Online challanges (2k had 2 yrs ago)
This isn't missing from Madden - it's a design choice.

To allow challenges, you need to allow bad calls. If you allow bad calls, a player could not challenge when they should. There's a chance that bad call could affect the results, and EA doesn't feel that's what their player wants. They decided to make the officiating perfect online, so that it's the players (not the refs) deciding the game.

You may not agree, but it's a choice - not a bug.

Frankly, so is most of your list. Madden not being like 2K isn't a bug - it's design. If you don't like it, don't buy it.

Madden will never be an exact copy of 2K ... you might as well post about all the flaws pizza has because it's not just like a hamburger. Go buy a hamburger - even if it's a bit old.
Old 12-29-2005, 03:29 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by fossen

To allow challenges, you need to allow bad calls. If you allow bad calls, a player could not challenge when they should. There's a chance that bad call could affect the results, and EA doesn't feel that's what their player wants. They decided to make the officiating perfect online, so that it's the players (not the refs) deciding the game.

Frankly, so is most of your list. Madden not being like 2K isn't a bug - it's design. If you don't like it, don't buy it.

Madden will never be an exact copy of 2K ... you might as well post about all the flaws pizza has because it's not just like a hamburger. Go buy a hamburger - even if it's a bit old.

LOLOLOLOL, now that is some funny stuff. I'm dying here LOL. But there is only one problem. The officiating is not perfect to begin with
Old 12-29-2005, 03:41 PM   #11
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
The officiating is not perfect to begin with
Well, supposedly, it is. I.E. - you would never get a call overturned if you did have a flag to throw.

Thing is - and this has always bugged me - sometimes the animations aren't reflecting the "truth". I remember in the Xbox version throwing a flag because a player was clearly out of bounds ... but the call was upheld even as they showed him going out of bounds in the replay.
Old 12-29-2005, 03:55 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

HERE WE GO AGAIN
I like to play sports games and football in General so not buying it isn't an option since there's nothing else to buy. With that said it will be 2006 online gaming has been here for console games for 5 to 6 yrs now, PC gaming for 10+, Online computer access in almost every home with each Computer company and high speed access companies striving to have the most cutting edge fastest technology with equipment being updated daily at an astounding rate.Then we have an all mighty EA gaming development team (the biggest in the world by the way not a mom and pop corp.) that cannot or will not add BASIC online options that they had and removed and that there #1 competitor had in previous models many many years before! This is the age of computers and online communities yet this EA development team fails to relize this or is there C/O just brain dead ? They continue to go backwards or stay status quo unlike every other console maker/computer company/gaming company in the world.......I wonder if ATI or the NVIDIA graphics companys would be in business if they just release the same card for the next 3 yrs HAHAHA.
Old 12-29-2005, 04:02 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HussleMan
There is a clock countdown...Top right hand side of the screen
Sorry dude my opponent paused for over 7 minutes last nite and all it did was unblank 1 of his approved pause dots!
Do you have an answear for any of the other missing or not included issues ?
Old 12-29-2005, 04:09 PM   #14
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Sorry dude my opponent paused for over 7 minutes last nite and all it did was unblank 1 of his approved pause dots!
The answer has already been stated, you simply won't hear it.

The game you want already exists, it's called NFL 2k5.
Old 12-29-2005, 04:18 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Quote:

Hmmm i don't know what he did because there is a clock there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2005, 04:19 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Well, supposedly, it is. I.E. - you would never get a call overturned if you did have a flag to throw.

Thing is - and this has always bugged me - sometimes the animations aren't reflecting the "truth". I remember in the Xbox version throwing a flag because a player was clearly out of bounds ... but the call was upheld even as they showed him going out of bounds in the replay.

Tis true tis true. So they just need to make the animations portray more of the truth then.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »