Home

Morale.. is pretty freaking tough on the 360

This is a discussion on Morale.. is pretty freaking tough on the 360 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-01-2006, 11:40 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 12
Morale.. is pretty freaking tough on the 360

So I started a Raiders franchise. They have a lot of aging players and only a couple really good players, so I figured it'd be fun to rebuild them from the ground up basically.

I cleaned shop in terms of trading on a lot of fronts. I kept Randy Moss and Charles Woodson just because they're so good (and a WR like Randy makes passing so much easier.. No one open? Press B. 25 yards.) I did, however, trade 3/4 of the DL and the LB's, as well as Collins and LaMont Jordan (despite how good he is at only 26 y/o).

So I started the 'chise. Walter at QB, Carnell at tailback, Courtney Anderson/Mike Williams/Randy Moss/Ronald Curry to throw to.. Jonathan Vilma as the only good defensive player I was able to trade for.. Looked promising.

Unfortunately, every week, Moss and Woodson's morale (among others) went down. Before long they were both in the red. Moss was dropping passes and Woodson was getting torched by the likes of Johnnie Morton.

I tried giving them new contracts. That didn't help their morale any. They both got tons of opportunities and my team was winning. As it ends up I had to trade Moss and Woodson for Champ Bailey.. and my team is considerably weaker, not to mention Denver will kill me.

So what gives?

Can you just not trade very much? At this point, Carnell, Vilma, Anderson, Lechler and Janikowski are all on the verge of being red (dunno why). Any hope of coming back if they go red?

I'd rather drink beer because drinking alot of beers makes you more manly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2006, 10:54 AM   #2
MVP

rock85's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Morale.. is pretty freaking tough on the 360

I read some where on these boards if you trade to many guys at once it affects morale on the players that you kept
Old 01-02-2006, 04:10 PM   #3
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

This happened to me in my Bears franchise mode.

I traded for Brians Dawkins and a couple games later Mike Brown and Brian Urlacher's morale dropped to red.

But of all the teams to trade Moss and Baily to why trade them to a division rival?
Old 01-02-2006, 04:30 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8027
This happened to me in my Bears franchise mode.

I traded for Brians Dawkins and a couple games later Mike Brown and Brian Urlacher's morale dropped to red.

But of all the teams to trade Moss and Baily to why trade them to a division rival?
I wanted to get Champ Bailey. One of my goals was to have a shutdown corner (Woodson was till he went red), and Bailey is the best - by far. I thought about going the Adam Jones route but he's unproven.

Old 01-02-2006, 04:31 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:

Did you have to trade them?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2006, 04:33 PM   #6
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

I kept them during the season and traded them during the off-season being how I would not be able to re-sign them later down the road.

It is quite frustrating though because both players had good seasons, good pay, and my team went to the playoffs.
Old 01-02-2006, 04:35 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
I kept them during the season and traded them during the off-season being how I would not be able to re-sign them later down the road.

It is quite frustrating though because both players had good seasons, good pay, and my team went to the playoffs.
So I take it Morale for a player never improves?

Old 01-03-2006, 01:47 PM   #8
Rookie

Dirt DiverX's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallasin2K3
So I take it Morale for a player never improves?
No morale does improve, in my Niner franchise Barlow was at 4 blocks for morale (one above red) but then he had a probowl season and now he is fully green without a new contract or anything...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »