Home

Madden 360 plays a GREAT game of football!

This is a discussion on Madden 360 plays a GREAT game of football! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-30-2006, 12:43 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Madden 360 plays a GREAT game of football!

add me, i play my franchise just about everyday (check out my "Hail to the Redskins" Franchise in the Dynasty forum), im heading into my 3rd season this week. i cant get enough of it.

|Washington Redskins| |Alabama Crimson Tide| |Boston Redsox| |Georgetown Hoyas|

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedy
My September 15th glitch is still broken even after downloading the latest patch... I won't be purchasing another one of your titles again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meep316
You moron they didn't even put out a patch yet.
LMAO
Old 01-30-2006, 12:56 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

Gameplay itself is very well done by EA..... As a 2k fan, I feel upgrade version of 2k5 rather than madden....IMO, gameplay very similar to 2k5.... AI is much smarter on this one....... I really LOVE THIS GAME.....

Last edited by MOoNk; 01-30-2006 at 12:58 PM.
Old 01-30-2006, 01:05 PM   #11
Rookie

tuch94's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder2323
Ok I was very, very skeptical of getting this title for my new 360 b/c of all the bad reviews I read. I read damn near every gaming forum site I could find, and I was left with this conclusion after I read between the lines...that the game plays a GOOD game of football, but a lot was taken out of the game.

Honestly, I dont know how people arent digging this game more. It plays a tight game of pigskin is all I know. Definitely has similarities to 2k5. The running game is as good as its ever been in Madden. I feel like I am earning every first down I get either via run or pass. Defense on the other hand...yikes.

I am using Dan's sliders and am getting my arse handed to me. I havent won a game yet on All Madden but I dont want to bump it down. IMO, this game kills the xbox version of Madden. 07 should be flat out sick.

Challenges would be nice, definitely. Changing uni's would be nice. I am not the least bit worried for the 07 game, as I know these will all be back. I could care less about owner mode, mini camp, hot dog prices, etc. Its a football game, and the football gameplay is one of the best I have ever played. I was a Madden fanboy back in the day, until the 2k series came along. I would always get both b/c i used to be so loyal to Madden and I just felt bad if I didnt buy Madden, but the game always felt the same, and I found myself playing 2k more and more.

Until now. Madden 360 totally blew me away after what I was expecting. The foundation is there, with a better feel. Glad to see some out there appreciate what a great game it plays. I think a lot of the people who dislike it are used to the "same Madden" as before.

This isnt the same Madden, and its a lot better for it.
without a doubt its a great game of football, however there are many problems that you notice once you get past the aura of the graphics. I think of it as a beta version of 07
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2006, 01:07 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spin
add me, i play my franchise just about everyday (check out my "Hail to the Redskins" Franchise in the Dynasty forum), im heading into my 3rd season this week. i cant get enough of it.
Speaking of your Skins, I ran with them last night against the Browns. I got smoked(yes I know, embarassing). I must really suck, although its been awhile since I have played Madden a bunch.(I still play 2k5 a ton), but this game has me wantin to play it all day long.

Does anyone have any tips on defense, mainly my pass defense? If the cpu goes up top, down the field, I'm toast. Should I switch to the defender or let the cpu play the ball?
Old 01-30-2006, 01:46 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 11

If they can fix the fumble bug (you know when your QB fumbles while throwing and getting hit 70% of the time) and I can say its all good.
Old 01-30-2006, 02:20 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 10

I'm a 2K fan and just got the Xbox360. I bought Madden2006 because I said I would give it another try on the Next Gen Consoles and the 360 doesn't have anything else I want right now.

I would say this game is okay but its missing alot of stuff. The running and Passing game is still better in 2K5 but this Madden isn't too far off the mark. Breaking tackles would have improved the running game alot. You can still lob the ball when in trouble. I don't really know about the 50 yard drop back since I don't do it anyway. The player models and graphics are better but still a step behind 2K5 on the Xbox and thats kind of sad for an Xbox360 title. I played it with and open mind and it wasn't that bad. My first game I beat the Raiders 35-21.
Old 01-30-2006, 03:13 PM   #15
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsgeist
I'm a 2K fan and just got the Xbox360. I bought Madden2006 because I said I would give it another try on the Next Gen Consoles and the 360 doesn't have anything else I want right now.

I would say this game is okay but its missing alot of stuff. The running and Passing game is still better in 2K5 but this Madden isn't too far off the mark. Breaking tackles would have improved the running game alot. You can still lob the ball when in trouble. I don't really know about the 50 yard drop back since I don't do it anyway. The player models and graphics are better but still a step behind 2K5 on the Xbox and thats kind of sad for an Xbox360 title. I played it with and open mind and it wasn't that bad. My first game I beat the Raiders 35-21.

You cannot be serious. I will not debate the merits of gameplay with you (after all, that ultimately comes down to personal preference), but to claim that Madden 360 is not graphically superior to 2k5 is laughable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2006, 03:17 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
You cannot be serious. I will not debate the merits of gameplay with you (after all, that ultimately comes down to personal preference), but to claim that Madden 360 is not graphically superior to 2k5 is laughable.
From a textures, resolution, player models standpoint Madden beats out 2k5. When it comes to the presentation though and the overall feeling of immerssion into a real broadcasted football game. EA after 14 years have yet to figure this out..and therefor cannot hold 2k's jock strap in this dept.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »