Home

Madden 360 plays a GREAT game of football!

This is a discussion on Madden 360 plays a GREAT game of football! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-30-2006, 03:22 PM   #17
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Madden 360 plays a GREAT game of football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackceasar
From a textures, resolution, player models standpoint Madden beats out 2k5. When it comes to the presentation though and the overall feeling of immerssion into a real broadcasted football game. EA after 14 years have yet to figure this out..and therefor cannot hold 2k's jock strap in this dept.
Perhaps so, but that isn't what sportsgeist said:

"The player models and graphics are better but still a step behind 2K5 on the Xbox and thats kind of sad for an Xbox360 title"

I'm sorry, imho that's just loopy. From a purely visual standpoint, M360 blows away any other console fb title to date.
Old 01-30-2006, 05:09 PM   #18
Rookie

tuch94's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Perhaps so, but that isn't what sportsgeist said:

"The player models and graphics are better but still a step behind 2K5 on the Xbox and thats kind of sad for an Xbox360 title"

I'm sorry, imho that's just loopy. From a purely visual standpoint, M360 blows away any other console fb title to date.
Hey, look I am convinced that EA released this as a beta version to try new things out and get a broad range of testing and get feedback, I mean lets be honest, besides greed I cant see another reason why EA would release such a empty game.
Old 01-30-2006, 05:50 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 6

I'm debating whether to keep Madden or trade it in for COD2. I'm generally more of asports gamer and don't own any shooting games. However, the posts criticizing the gameplay (fumble issue) and the praise for COD2 have me intrigued. Now, this thread is making me rethink trading Madden in.
Old 01-30-2006, 05:53 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
You cannot be serious. I will not debate the merits of gameplay with you (after all, that ultimately comes down to personal preference), but to claim that Madden 360 is not graphically superior to 2k5 is laughable.
Laughable for someone who only plays Madden.

The Problem is this EA waited or I should say stole your money until the Xbox360 showed up and in a way still doing it. They could've done the same thing on the Xbox and 2K5 is the proof. EA is giving you something now thats 2 to 3 years old on last generation Xbox. The Player models are better in Madden360 compared to their Xbox versions don't get me wrong but even the kickers thighs look like they can squat 2000 lbs. without breaking a sweat. The players are still too big for some of the positions.

I'm saying just don't go scoring the graphics in Madden360 a 10 just yet. The 10 for graphics was already had by VC on the Xbox. 2K's games on the 360 are beating what EA has on there graphically already.

Its funny I say Madden plays a okay game being a 2K fan mind you but get jumped on because I said it was still a small step behind 2K5 in graphics.
Old 01-30-2006, 06:15 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjoe
I'm debating whether to keep Madden or trade it in for COD2. I'm generally more of asports gamer and don't own any shooting games. However, the posts criticizing the gameplay (fumble issue) and the praise for COD2 have me intrigued. Now, this thread is making me rethink trading Madden in.

get cod 2,you won't be sorry.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2006, 06:22 PM   #22
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsgeist
Laughable for someone who only plays Madden.

The Problem is this EA waited or I should say stole your money until the Xbox360 showed up and in a way still doing it. They could've done the same thing on the Xbox and 2K5 is the proof. EA is giving you something now thats 2 to 3 years old on last generation Xbox. The Player models are better in Madden360 compared to their Xbox versions don't get me wrong but even the kickers thighs look like they can squat 2000 lbs. without breaking a sweat. The players are still too big for some of the positions.

I'm saying just don't go scoring the graphics in Madden360 a 10 just yet. The 10 for graphics was already had by VC on the Xbox. 2K's games on the 360 are beating what EA has on there graphically already.

Its funny I say Madden plays a okay game being a 2K fan mind you but get jumped on because I said it was still a small step behind 2K5 in graphics.
First, I don't play only Madden. I have owned and played NFL 2k3,2k4 and 2k5.

Yes, the 360 player models are not perfect. You are absolutely correct in saying that many of them are too beefy (if memory serves the first ps2 Madden had the same problem). Nonetheless, they are clearly superior in texture and detail to anything that has come before.

I also agree that the game doesn't deserve a 10 for graphics when compared to other 360 titles. By that standard, I'd say M360 is about an 8.5-9.0. out of 10, mainly because of the chunky player models. But when you compare it to NFL 2k5 on the Xbox, I'd say M360 is about a 12-13 out of 10.

Lastly, I'm sorry if you felt I was attacking you. That was not my intent.
Old 01-30-2006, 06:37 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
First, I don't play only Madden. I have owned and played NFL 2k3,2k4 and 2k5.

Yes, the 360 player models are not perfect. You are absolutely correct in saying that many of them are too beefy (if memory serves the first ps2 Madden had the same problem). Nonetheless, they are clearly superior in texture and detail to anything that has come before.

I also agree that the game doesn't deserve a 10 for graphics when compared to other 360 titles. By that standard, I'd say M360 is about an 8.5-9.0. out of 10, mainly because of the chunky player models. But when you compare it to NFL 2k5 on the Xbox, I'd say M360 is about a 12-13 out of 10.

Lastly, I'm sorry if you felt I was attacking you. That was not my intent.
It was partly my fault because I didn't read your name on the post and I wouldn't have assumed you were a total Maddenite if I did. IMO 2K5 does have a half step ahead of M360 as far as players on the field. Sideline stuff is a different story although Bucky Bronco looks kind of rough in M360 compared to 2K5.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »