Home

Natural Motion coming to MADDEN 07 on 360?

This is a discussion on Natural Motion coming to MADDEN 07 on 360? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2006, 01:48 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Natural Motion coming to MADDEN 07 on 360?

It sounds and looks great but i wonder if it is really going to be implimented well. Something like this on the first time around is likely going to yeild some problematic gameplay issues like too many broken tackles, or none at all. Madden has been notorious for that type of thing. personally im not going to get my hopes up for that type of thing until 08.
Old 04-03-2006, 04:37 PM   #18

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
It sounds and looks great but i wonder if it is really going to be implimented well. Something like this on the first time around is likely going to yeild some problematic gameplay issues like too many broken tackles, or none at all. Madden has been notorious for that type of thing. personally im not going to get my hopes up for that type of thing until 08.
Well said. This needs to be well balanced. I'm too concerned EA will use it as a gimmick like many other "extras" they have. The idea of physics truly playing a role in a sports game is exciting, but it can't be overdone. It needs to be well balanced in conjuction with all other apsects of the game.
Old 04-03-2006, 05:29 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 12

If they added this then it would change the game so much. You would never have to really worry about tackle animations again because each one would be different from another. then they could spend time on the other gameplay issues.
Old 04-03-2006, 05:56 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 14

I would take a year or two of buggy gameplay if they were to implement Natural Motion, this is a HUGE step in the right direction. Madden would be in effect starting from scratch, which is the reason I'm doubtful it will happen. But if it did, I would spend hours doing tackling drill mini-games just to see the infinite outcomes.

Last edited by stiffarmleft; 04-03-2006 at 06:00 PM.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:37 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffarmleft
I would take a year or two of buggy gameplay if they were to implement Natural Motion, this is a HUGE step in the right direction. Madden would be in effect starting from scratch, which is the reason I'm doubtful it will happen. But if it did, I would spend hours doing tackling drill mini-games just to see the infinite outcomes.
I think what you said right there is a prime example why EA Sports has gotten by with putting out a halfbaked product. People settle. You are saying that you will accept flaws in a game if they introduce a new feature? That's exactly what they do. "Look we now have hotdog prices." All the while, the running game is extremely flawed.

The game does not have to be fixed because people are willing to accept new features instead of fixes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2006, 11:33 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dQbell
I think what you said right there is a prime example why EA Sports has gotten by with putting out a halfbaked product. People settle. You are saying that you will accept flaws in a game if they introduce a new feature? That's exactly what they do. "Look we now have hotdog prices." All the while, the running game is extremely flawed.

The game does not have to be fixed because people are willing to accept new features instead of fixes.
I think your being negative, this isnt just a new feature, its a completly game altering concept in the game. Its not hotdog prices its a completely new method of interaction in the game. To ad this to the game would fix several issues (hopfully)
Old 04-05-2006, 08:32 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dQbell

If you are comparing Natural Motion or any implementation of "real time" physics to "hot dog prices", you seriously need to read up on the technology. This will solve many of the problems I and many others have with the game, including the running game. Get you facts straight before assuming you know what I will settle for. Oh and it maybe just semantics but if you quote me quote me correctly, I said bugs not flaws, at least to me they are different.
Old 04-05-2006, 04:19 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffarmleft
If you are comparing Natural Motion or any implementation of "real time" physics to "hot dog prices", you seriously need to read up on the technology. This will solve many of the problems I and many others have with the game, including the running game. Get you facts straight before assuming you know what I will settle for. Oh and it maybe just semantics but if you quote me quote me correctly, I said bugs not flaws, at least to me they are different.
Your comment was "I'd take a year or two of buggy gameplay if they were to implement natural motion." To me buggy gameplay is a malfunction that hurts the quality of the product. And, my response was in the form of a question, "You are saying that you will accept flaws in a game if they introduce a new feature?"

The "hot dog" prices was me being sarcastic to prove a point. Perhaps the fact that EA upped the graphics in the 360 version and yet removed most of what made the game worth playing would be a better illustration. then they have the nerve to call it "next-gen."

I'm not intending to assault your intellectual capacity to determine what is right or wrong for this game. You are probably better at it than me. My concern is the history of EA Sports. They have continually produced a game with "something new" all the while ignoring what is broken.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »