Home

Natural Motion coming to MADDEN 07 on 360?

This is a discussion on Natural Motion coming to MADDEN 07 on 360? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-13-2006, 10:02 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Natural Motion coming to MADDEN 07 on 360?

They will announce it soon. They mention tackles and haymakers (Madden ? Fight night 4?)
What do you guys think.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/695/695425p1.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2006, 11:16 PM   #2
C*rr*ntly *n L*f* T*lt

USF11's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Natural Motion coming to MADDEN 07 on 360?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJSebol
They will announce it soon. They mention tackles and haymakers (Madden ? Fight night 4?)
What do you guys think.

No way, that something annouced today, ends up in this years madden. Dev process takes way to long to add new tech this close to an new madden release.
Old 03-13-2006, 11:19 PM   #3
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
What do you guys think.

One can olny wish that Madden will use this physic engine
Old 03-13-2006, 11:21 PM   #4
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
What do you guys think.

If EA was truthful in saying they rewrote the game code from the ground-up, I don't see much hope for NaturalMotion getting into Madden on this generation of consoles.
Old 03-14-2006, 09:44 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

EA may use a physics engine but it probably will not be that one. Not this year unless they already had it back in November. They'll probably use the Havok engine IF they use one at all. If they want to better the game they'll be using one this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2006, 10:47 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

This new technology decreases development time. It would be a very smart choice by EA to jump on it. They don't have to spend hours on mo cap.
Plus mo cap is going away anyway. The article states they will announce a list of games soon. Why would they bring up tackling and haymakers in the article? Could be just an example... I remember Jeremy Strauser (?)said once that they are looking at the engine... so you never know. Plus you got to admit Madden NEXT GEN doesn't animate NEXT GEN so we will see.
Old 03-14-2006, 11:29 AM   #7
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
This new technology decreases development time. It would be a very smart choice by EA to jump on it. They don't have to spend hours on mo cap.
Plus mo cap is going away anyway. The article states they will announce a list of games soon. Why would they bring up tackling and haymakers in the article? Could be just an example... I remember Jeremy Strauser (?)said once that they are looking at the engine... so you never know. Plus you got to admit Madden NEXT GEN doesn't animate NEXT GEN so we will see.
Hate to be the one to bring it up, but 2K Games is making a boxing game and, according to everyone and their mothers, has a football in the cards... could be in those games, or those of a different developer, versus EA's.
Old 03-14-2006, 03:45 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Strauser never said they were looking at this particular engine. He simply said they are aware of engines on the market. His tone was not too favorable for it either, not because it would not be good, but because it is probably more difficult to pull off in a football game than in a demo. Here is his exact quote

Quote:
I can’t speak towards specific technologies at this point, but let me just say this is something that is a lot easier in demos than a full game, especially on the scale of a football game. We’re aware of all the technology options out there, and this is the kind of thing we’re evaluating at every step.
If they do it, great, but I would not expect it. While it cuts development time down from year to year, it is probably a bear of a project on the front end. That means if they had started with it then the turnaround would have been simple for this game coming up. But since they did not then it will most likely be too time consuming, especially when people are calling for heads about certain features being missing. Me I would not care if they did not add 1 feature as long as they got this part of the game right. But alas...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »