Home

So ESPN presents..............

This is a discussion on So ESPN presents.............. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2006, 10:16 PM   #1
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13
So ESPN presents..............

Madden 2007 was a false rumor? The cover looks exactly the same as it always had, Madden NFL 2007

The cover can be found here on this ign page
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/702/702550p1.html

The good news is that they still this version will deal with a better running game

"Madden 07 focuses strongly on the running game, said the development team at EA Tiburon, and Alexander, with his record-setting 27 rushing touchdowns in 2006, is the perfect fit."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2006, 12:42 AM   #2
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58
Re: So ESPN presents..............

Just because ESPN isn't on the cover doesn't mean it won't have ESPN presentation.
Old 04-21-2006, 08:45 AM   #3
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

http://www.easports.com/madden07/

The box art on that website shows an ESPN logo in the bottom right of the box. Don't sweat it, ESPN presentation of some sort will be integrated into this game. They might not boast it as much as 2k Sports did though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 04-21-2006, 11:28 AM   #4
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

I know this is pretty stupid, but alot of gamers still have a stigma that ESPN = bad video games from the old days, EA definatley doesn't want to pump up the ESPN aspect like that until a few years pass by and it's more commonplace. ESPN is associated in most gamers minds as the budget $20 game and "not as good" as Madden no matter how accurate that statement is, alot of people feel that way.

EA needs to be smart in regards to using the ESPN license but not make it the focus of the game, ESPN needs to be a side-point to sports just like it is in real life, most of the big games are on other networks and ESPN just reports on them.
Old 04-21-2006, 12:05 PM   #5
No end in sight...

OVR: 20

With Madden not being apart of the ABC/ESPN family anymore, I wonder if he could "call" games for an ESPN style presentation in his game? Would that violate any type of contract Madden has with NBC?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2006, 12:11 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenMan

EA needs to be smart in regards to using the ESPN license but not make it the focus of the game, ESPN needs to be a side-point to sports just like it is in real life, most of the big games are on other networks and ESPN just reports on them.
Actually EA needs to make that the focus on the presentation side of things.

Im pumped up to see how EA changed the commentary.
Old 04-24-2006, 05:13 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 11

I am looking for presentation. Like in 2k5 where sometimes they show the WR line-up at the line they would show his stats and talk about his performance for the game.

Than have a Sportscenter show weekly like 2k5. It isn't askig for too much because this is next gen and 2k5 did this years ago.

I hate when reviewers compliment EA for adding ESPN presentation to their menu screen. I really don't care about ESPN ticker, or a ESPN.com logo when I am looking at stats.

I want to see a NFL Primetime presentation, Halftime presentation, and while you are playing a game a look in on what other games are happening.

Not asking for it in Madden 07, but Presentation better be there in 08.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:48 PM   #8
Older

luv_mist's Arena

OVR: 33

I'm curious to understand who was behind the presentation in 2K5. What does ESPN do witht he game beside lend the voices? I wonder who rights the scripts and has the ideas. That was a question I've had. Hopefully ESPN remembers a few of the things that were incorporated into the presentation of 2K and put them into their respective sports franchises. I'd definitely be interested in the depth of the presentation across multiple sports titles if possible within the EA family franchise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »