Home

So, the running game is supposed to be the focus this year

This is a discussion on So, the running game is supposed to be the focus this year within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-26-2006, 03:10 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: So, the running game is supposed to be the focus this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVICK
My biggest question is, is EA even aware at how dismal the Madden franchise has become? Is there enough praise out there and high sales to drown out our grumblings? Has EA issued an apology or statement about this lousy game? They appear to be mum on the whole subject...their frame of mind right now will give us insight as to what to expect..if they are preaching. "YES...Madden on next gen has been a HUGE success" then they are not in the same boat as we are and think they are doing fine...OR..if they admit...Madden was rushed and unfinished and the day after it launched we began working vigorously on Madden 07 and havent stopped since....

From what i've read it's most certainly gotten back to EA as to how unhappy the community was over Madden 360. The question is, what will they do about it?

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2006, 03:31 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by marxxx
I agree with focusing on the line. I have yet to see a good (realistic and sophisticated) blocking mechanism from any game. They will try to block the first availalbe player, not necessarily the player they are assigned to block. That just sucks when the fb blocks the wrong guy and the hole closes in front of you! I would like to see some real detail (importance) added to the guards pulling/trapping plays.

I don't see why they can't add the detail and realism that we all desire. There are quite a few games out there have intense detail to entire worlds, not just limited to a football stadium. With that being the case, they need to re-design this game and finally come up with a masterpiece. I hope it happens this year!
I agree... the only problem is... sometimes the blocking schemes change when a certain defensive front is seen. When you see the center calling out the scheme, it's a little more complicated than just "slide protection". That just scratches the surface. I think that OL play in videogames is a bit more difficult to include being that you have to worry about reading the coverage, let alone the fronts. I think there should be an option which allows to to play with true realism in that sense, If one were well versed enough in that area. You would have to know your playbook inside and out, including your checkdowns and sight adjustments before the snap, Just like a real QB. But getting back to the real point, I agree with you fully.
Old 07-19-2006, 09:51 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 2

If Madden has the same blocking this year, it's going to disapoint the hell out of me.

Also, amen to fixing the zone blocking. I tried lord help me I tried to figure out a way to get it to work. It's just not realistic.

If this Control the FB crap is all EA could come up with insted of actually fixing the blocking gameplay. The game is going to be ***. Just like when 2006 went to the vision cone and nerfed lead passing to make up for the fact they had no idea how to fix the defensive secondary.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:04 AM   #44
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

Madden 07 for the 360 looks to be leaps and bounds better than Rush-For-Release-Madden 360. I really hope EA makes it the best Madden ever.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:09 AM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenMan
Madden 07 for the 360 looks to be leaps and bounds better than Rush-For-Release-Madden 360. I really hope EA makes it the best Madden ever.
Yeah, good luck with that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2006, 11:16 AM   #46
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihategeeks
Yeah, good luck with that.
I think it's got genuine potential, and I'm not a huge Madden supporter.

WebsiteFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt
Old 07-21-2006, 02:38 AM   #47
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG_Meth
I think it's got genuine potential, and I'm not a huge Madden supporter.
All the same, I wouldn't be the first one to buy it.
Old 07-23-2006, 04:40 AM   #48
Pro

SeaNNyT's Arena

OVR: 10

Their focus should be on football as a whole, not just a half assed effort to one aspect of the game every year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »