Home

Is it better than the Demo?

This is a discussion on Is it better than the Demo? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2006, 08:44 PM   #1
Rookie

terpinheelland's Arena

OVR: 4
Is it better than the Demo?

Is the release version better than the Demo?

I can get this game for less than $30. For $30 is it worth my time and money? Or should I just take the Xbox from the kids and continue to play 2k5?

Been playing the Demo off of Xbox live, should I expect better or is this pretty much what you get w/ the final copy?

Honest answers are greatly appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2006, 03:23 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Is it better than the Demo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpinheelland

I can get this game for less than $30. For $30 is it worth my time and money? Or should I just take the Xbox from the kids and continue to play 2k5?

Been playing the Demo off of Xbox live, should I expect better or is this pretty much what you get w/ the final copy?

I've not played the demo but since the new game will be out in 4 months I wouldn't buy it. The only time I pull this game out is when company comes over to impress them with how it looks. When I play Madden by myself or online though I always play the PS2 version. The most i'd pay for this is $15 probably.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 04-22-2006, 03:39 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 14

I bought Madden at a midnight release, and enjoyed it until my PS2 broke a week later. I recently purchased a replacement PS2, but have not played the new Madden.

I am tempted to rent it, but also am not sure I want to get back into a football game yet. The draft certainly helps the hype, but playing football too soon could potentially interrupt the sports cycle and cause me to be burned out by the time the new football games are released closer to the start of the season.
Old 04-22-2006, 04:06 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpinheelland

I haven't played the demo. I bought the game on Ebay when I got my 360 a few weeks ago. I just wanted to see what it was like, the good the bad, any promise for the future and see if it's as bad as some make it out to be. It turned out that it's the game I play the most (also have CH2K6 and NHL2K6). The game plays pretty good football and is fun. I say get it and sell it back on Ebay if you don't like it. You shouldn't lose much in the process.
Old 04-22-2006, 07:35 PM   #5
MVP

erickonasis's Arena

OVR: 12

Havent played the demo but i say its definitely worth it..i rented this a week ago and i have to return it and im very upset...im gonna buy it friday when i get paid
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2006, 09:22 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickonasis
Havent played the demo but i say its definitely worth it..i rented this a week ago and i have to return it and im very upset...im gonna buy it friday when i get paid
Get it on EBay. ou can get it for around $30 instead of the full $60 at the stores.
Old 04-23-2006, 12:55 PM   #7
MVP

erickonasis's Arena

OVR: 12

its like 40 used at gamestop...i hate waitin for crap on ebay
Old 04-25-2006, 12:55 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 11

It is exactly like the demo, except the full-game has commentary.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »