Home

Was Madden 06 for the 360 really that bad?

This is a discussion on Was Madden 06 for the 360 really that bad? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2006, 09:36 AM   #25
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Was Madden 06 for the 360 really that bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by USF11
Worse then Shaq-Fu.
Let's not say things we can't take back. Nothing was worse than Shaq-fu.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2006, 10:15 AM   #26
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Let's not say things we can't take back. Nothing was worse than Shaq-fu.
Uhh...wrong ET for the Atari 2600 makes Shaq-Fu look like the gaming masterpiece in the history of the world.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 05-31-2006, 11:52 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanis38
It was decent and seems like a good enough building block for the future, but the game just got plain boring after a while. Not much depth, presentation, features, etc. At first you are impressed by how fresh, new and different everything is, but after many games you just begin to notice what EA didn't do, rather than what they did do. And again, the presentation in the 360 is so lackluster it really does end up hurting the game in the long run. There is zero intesity or anything to give it any ties to watching an actual NFL game. The new radio commentator actually blows more than Madden/Michales if you can believe it.

How can it be a good building block when it doesn't even have an engine capable of gang tackling and physics?
Old 05-31-2006, 12:03 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddenps2
How can it be a good building block when it doesn't even have an engine capable of gang tackling and physics?
Just because it has not been implemented yet does not mean it can't be.
Old 05-31-2006, 12:14 PM   #29
C*rr*ntly *n L*f* T*lt

USF11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectralfan
Just because it has not been implemented yet does not mean it can't be.
It cant with the current engine.
Old 05-31-2006, 01:09 PM   #30
Rookie

daveyboy79's Arena

OVR: 3

There were some things that I thought were good building blocks - OL blocking appeared to be better more realistic than current gen. The floaty feel as some mentioned IMO was part of the new physics engine and I think was done well; at least its more realistic. Unlike in current gen turning on a dime is just not realistic.

Where I think the game lacked was with features found in current gen and poor passing game. I think someone mentioned this earlier throwing in Madden 360 was an adventure and of course the fumble throw glich was/is annoying as hell.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned that much was the issue I perceived with fram rate. The game just appeared to clunk along. Nice graphics but didn't seem smooth all the time. I've had the 360 since launch day and this was one of 2 titles I bought with the 360, the other was Call of Duty 2 and I can tell you I played Madden for about a week and since played sparingly. I've gotten much more milage out of COD2. Stick with the demo IMO your not missing much but if you really have urge to play buy a used copy. Do not shell out cash for this ****.
Old 05-31-2006, 01:13 PM   #31
C*rr*ntly *n L*f* T*lt

USF11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyboy79
There were some things that I thought were good building blocks - OL blocking appeared to be better more realistic than current gen. The floaty feel as some mentioned IMO was part of the new physics engine and I think was done well; at least its more realistic. Unlike in current gen turning on a dime is just not realistic.

Where I think the game lacked was with features found in current gen and poor passing game. I think someone mentioned this earlier throwing in Madden 360 was an adventure and of course the fumble throw glich was/is annoying as hell.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned that much was the issue I perceived with fram rate. The game just appeared to clunk along. Nice graphics but didn't seem smooth all the time. I've had the 360 since launch day and this was one of 2 titles I bought with the 360, the other was Call of Duty 2 and I can tell you I played Madden for about a week and since played sparingly. I've gotten much more milage out of COD2. Stick with the demo IMO your not missing much but if you really have urge to play buy a used copy. Do not shell out cash for this ****.
Playing defense in madden 360 might as well have been ice skating. And the passing game was overdone. When your going 28-35 with Kyle Boller there is a problem.

Why did you start this thread, making me relive the biggest gaming letdown in history.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2006, 02:01 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by USF11
It cant with the current engine.
how do you know it can't?

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »