Home

5/31/06:New Extended PS3 MADDEN 2007 video....

This is a discussion on 5/31/06:New Extended PS3 MADDEN 2007 video.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2006, 03:19 PM   #33
MVP

jrivera34's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: 5/31/06:New Extended PS3 MADDEN 2007 video....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitown1211
Man do I feel stupid for buying a next gen system. WOrst gaming choice I ever made.

In the future I will NEVER buy a next gen system until there are actually good games on the market for it.

$500 and Ive barely even played my 360.
I am in the same boat as you. If Madden 07 on the 360 is the same piece of garbage, I am really going to consider selling my 360 on eBay and repurchasing an XBox. I ONLY play sports games and I have the PS2 for the best baseball game (MLB the Show), and I still have my XBox copies of NFL2K4 and NFL2k5 which are neck and neck for the best football game IMO. Basketball seems to be a wash with the next gen only having better graphics.

I have given up on being optimistic, more power to those of you who still hold out hope. How many times have we seen a "work in progress" or a 30% build and when the game is release, THEY FIX NOTHING OF IMPORTANCE! This goes for 2K as well, what you see is what you get. The other 70% will be tweaks here and there and WILL NOT address the MAJOR flaws in the game.

It really sucks to be a sports gamer now a days. This exclusive crap has really ruined everything!
Old 06-01-2006, 04:29 PM   #34
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrivera34
It really sucks to be a sports gamer now a days. This exclusive crap has really ruined everything!
It's ironic that you write that, because I remember just two years ago, EVERYONE was happy stating how quality competition in sports games produces better products for the gamers. And how it was such a great time to be a sports gamer.
Old 06-01-2006, 04:58 PM   #35
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietcool72
2. I'm worried that the new NFL Head Coach product will get all the hardcore features- further pushing Madden towards casual, bubble-gum football. That said, I'm interested in Head Coach, but many of us would like hardcore features AND be able to have player control within the game. However, things don't seem to be headed that direction.
I'm interested in how that game will do. The only interest I've seen/heard is from a few people on this site. No one I know is at all interested in it.

I can't understand why they wouldn't just make that a mode on Madden. I'm not sure how much money they're putting into development, but I can't imagine much of a return on a game like that.

I like & play coach mode on 2K5 ocassionally, but I would never buy a sports game where I could never control the players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2006, 05:53 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 12

Once upon a time I remember Madden releasing a draft day video of Madden 360. It was said to be "in game" play and not CGI effects and then gone on to say that the game was currently looking better than the draft day video.

Then in this fantasy world , EA and Burger King got together to run a promo and release a small clip of Maden 360. This video was horrible, yet the maddenites came out in force saying it had to be an alpha video etc etc.

Then as more videos surfaced that were no where near draft day quality, those madden fans fought back viscously, saying that it had to be a early build, only X% complete etc.

Then the previews came and showed the same thing, the game was garbage, but these maddenites defended their game like it was their personal honor. Excuses came far and wide, but nothing could change what would be released.

Even up to the day it was released, people were defending the videos because they were only a certain % complete and for us to just wait till we got home and played the retail version

We got home, put in the retail version, and were disappointed. The exact same play, the exact same graphics, the exact same problems that were seen in the video were in the retail version.

I dont care what % Ea says this video is. This is what we will get. Im sure they will add a few graphical touches, but what you see....is what you get.

Its been proven time and time again. You cant argue with facts.
Old 06-01-2006, 06:13 PM   #37
Rookie

m7406's Arena

OVR: 4
Smile Re: 5/31/06:New Extended PS3 MADDEN 2007 video....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsontide27
Once upon a time I remember Madden releasing a draft day video of Madden 360. It was said to be "in game" play and not CGI effects and then gone on to say that the game was currently looking better than the draft day video.

Then in this fantasy world , EA and Burger King got together to run a promo and release a small clip of Maden 360. This video was horrible, yet the maddenites came out in force saying it had to be an alpha video etc etc.

Then as more videos surfaced that were no where near draft day quality, those madden fans fought back viscously, saying that it had to be a early build, only X% complete etc.

Then the previews came and showed the same thing, the game was garbage, but these maddenites defended their game like it was their personal honor. Excuses came far and wide, but nothing could change what would be released.

Even up to the day it was released, people were defending the videos because they were only a certain % complete and for us to just wait till we got home and played the retail version

We got home, put in the retail version, and were disappointed. The exact same play, the exact same graphics, the exact same problems that were seen in the video were in the retail version.

I dont care what % Ea says this video is. This is what we will get. Im sure they will add a few graphical touches, but what you see....is what you get.

Its been proven time and time again. You cant argue with facts.

Best post in this thread
Old 06-01-2006, 06:59 PM   #38
Pro

bubba4's Arena

OVR: 6

I think we all need to use our experience as gamers here. To me, a video released from supposedly a 30% build of the game, with just a couple of months until the game is released, that speaks volumes. For me that feels more like an 80% build. Now if this video had come to us in January, I might not have this queasy feeling that I get from most EA games. But from my experience in these matters over the last few years, I kinda know what to expect. Oh, I'll hope to be surprised. But I kinda KNOW what to expect. Maybe we all do.
Bubba4
Old 06-01-2006, 07:20 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba4
I think we all need to use our experience as gamers here. To me, a video released from supposedly a 30% build of the game, with just a couple of months until the game is released, that speaks volumes. For me that feels more like an 80% build. Now if this video had come to us in January, I might not have this queasy feeling that I get from most EA games. But from my experience in these matters over the last few years, I kinda know what to expect. Oh, I'll hope to be surprised. But I kinda KNOW what to expect. Maybe we all do.
Bubba4
not directly in response to this quote, but along the same lines:
why are we to believe any type of "progress meter" that EA posts on these screenshots and videos? who says that they aren't 100% complete with game development and design and 10% complete on testing, debugging, and balancing?
they can put any number in any sort of fancy graphic up in the corner of the screen, and most people believe it. if that's the case, then they have us- hook, line, and sinker.
as other posters have stated, history proves that EA will tell us anything and show us anything, and then proceed to give us exactly the opposite of what they have lead us to believe.
i'll say it, point blank: these "new" football games are NOT next-gen. yes, they're pretty and more real-looking than any other madden games, but they in no way are next-gen. they're lacking fatures, they're lacking presentation, they're lacking realism, they're lacking innovation of the real and solid type (gimicks like "run to daylight" suck) and they're lacking a total immersion in the nfl game of football.
overall, i've joined the pessimists this year. i've stayed far too long on the other side- the side of the optimists- and each year i'm disappointed and yet still wait for a "new" madden to wow me....

... that never happens...

i don't know where we as football gaming fans go from here. i'm lost, and it doesn't feel good. it doesn't sit well with me because i want to play football games and it's getting harder to actually sit down and enjoy the game for more than a few days.

well, i guess i'm out for now... i think posting this has made me more confused and dejected.
peace

The unexamined life is not worth living...
Old 06-01-2006, 09:33 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 4

I was really thinking about purchasing a next gen system by september.

Seems like it'd be a lot smarter to just hold off, especially since I'm primarily a sports gamer.

Seems to be no hope for the ol' foozball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »