Home

Why can't EA Head Coach and Madden just integrate??

This is a discussion on Why can't EA Head Coach and Madden just integrate?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 04:39 PM   #41
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Why can't EA Head Coach and Madden just integrate??

Reason both games are made? Hmmmm

Its called the "pimp game"

Bytch betta have my money....

Two different versions of NCAA...With the best being current Gen. Next having the graphics update. And the sad this is many will buy both....SMH
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2006, 05:09 PM   #42

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Yeah that's what I was trying to say, sim management and an action game like madden are two different things entirely. Would there be some who'd like it integrated all as one product? Sure there would but there'd be many more people who want nothing to do with the sim management aspects of NFL head coach.
ODogg, I love you man, but come on now. It is not apples and oranges. It's football.

It makes perfect sense to merge the action part of the game with the organizational side. In fact, Madden has done that with franchise features. Head Coach will just be more specific. It's in the game, so it should be in the game, right? Or is it "EA Sports, it's in the games(s), because we know you'll buy another one."
Old 06-05-2006, 05:25 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by dQbell
ODogg, I love you man, but come on now. It is not apples and oranges. It's football.

It makes perfect sense to merge the action part of the game with the organizational side. In fact, Madden has done that with franchise features. Head Coach will just be more specific. It's in the game, so it should be in the game, right? Or is it "EA Sports, it's in the games(s), because we know you'll buy another one."
Look at how many people already bitch now about Madden allowing you to set prices for your drinks and make jokes about it here! Have you seen how in-depth NFL head coach is? My god there'd be a riot I think if EA combined those into the game. Sure there'd be 500-1000 of us here at OS happy as a lark but the rest of the folk would absolutely hate it and bitch to no end.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-05-2006, 06:11 PM   #44
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I tell you what, to me it just seems that some people can't seem to get over the fact that Madden is the only NFL game. Sorry but thats how it is. I am not happy that the All star baseball series folded and that MVP can no longer be made, but I am making the best of it.

I am going to venture and say after reading these forums around football season for a couple of years that if the roles were reversed and 2k was the only game in town and they decided to make an NFL Head Coach game along with the next installment of the 2k series that we wouldn't see as much bickering and whining as we do with things the way they are.

Just a guess on my part.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-05-2006, 06:26 PM   #45
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I tell you what, to me it just seems that some people can't seem to get over the fact that Madden is the only NFL game. Sorry but thats how it is. I am not happy that the All star baseball series folded and that MVP can no longer be made, but I am making the best of it.

I am going to venture and say after reading these forums around football season for a couple of years that if the roles were reversed and 2k was the only game in town and they decided to make an NFL Head Coach game along with the next installment of the 2k series that we wouldn't see as much bickering and whining as we do with things the way they are.

Just a guess on my part.
There was whining every year about EA and Madden long before the exclusive NFL deal. That's just another thing EA haters love to bring up even though it's not EA's fault, it's the NFL's fault for selling.

And I disagree with your 2nd statement that if 2K got the license the whining would pipe down, it'd be about the same. People just love to gripe and since football games do in general have so much more of a ways to go it's a gripers paradise here in the forums.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2006, 06:29 PM   #46
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

You are probably right on my second statement. Its just getting old.

Old 06-05-2006, 06:36 PM   #47
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
You are probably right on my second statement. Its just getting old.
Yeah I agree, people would probably live longer if they tried to enjoy life more instead of finding every little quibble they can and exhaustively dwelling on it.

Old 06-05-2006, 06:44 PM   #48
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Yeah I agree, people would probably live longer if they tried to enjoy life more instead of finding every little quibble they can and exhaustively dwelling on it.

Amen

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »