Home

"In the game"

This is a discussion on "In the game" within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2006, 01:21 AM   #41
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: "In the game"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Yeah man it really is that good. This is the World Cup for 360 game btw, the second one released for the 360. I bought it just because there wasn't any games coming out around the time it came out and I figured it'd round out my sports collection. Imagine my surprise when over a month later I'm still playing it on a regular basis. It's got great control, excellent presentation and it's just as addictive as heck. One thing though is I have heard it runs kinda like a dog online but I just enjoy playing the CPU. I'd highly recommend at least renting it but IMO it's well worth the purchase price.

Oh and as the guy stated a few posts up, it has converted me into a soccer/World Cup fan. I can't believe now I'm sitting around watching Czech Republic play soccer at times but it's really cool to see how the real game plays so much like the soccer video game. My only complaint though is why in the game does Keller, the U.S. goalie have so much hair when in real life the dude is bald nearly, LOL, he must have a buddy on the EA FIFA World Cup team.
hahaha....I dont have the 360 World Cup version yet, b/c I bought FIFA 2006 on PS2.....but I think Keller is bald on PS2....lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2006, 05:07 AM   #42
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTheInfinite
Thanx to Stonecold32 and ODogg for the breakdown of the game. I think Ill pick this up tomorrow to tide me over until NCAA even tho I want to try out Over-G as well. I played the demo and it seemed like a really solid game. Appreciate it guys.
FIFA World Cup 06 for the Xbox360 is the best soccer game EA has made in a long long time, it's crazy good. It gives me hope for FIFA 07
Old 06-19-2006, 09:26 AM   #43
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
hahaha....I dont have the 360 World Cup version yet, b/c I bought FIFA 2006 on PS2.....but I think Keller is bald on PS2....lol
Haha yeah and it's funny too, it may just be my imagination but I swear in the videogame it looks like he's wearing a damned wig!! Hilarious!!

Oh and good luck SageTheInfinite as I think you'll love the game!!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-19-2006, 10:06 AM   #44
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Haha yeah and it's funny too, it may just be my imagination but I swear in the videogame it looks like he's wearing a damned wig!! Hilarious!!

Oh and good luck SageTheInfinite as I think you'll love the game!!
Thanx ODogg, appreciate it.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-19-2006, 01:00 PM   #45
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by njskillz
To annoy individuals like you. The types who want to turn the game into a showcase of what big brains you have as opposed to what it was originally intended to be.
First of all, thanks for the big brain compliment. I guess it does pay off to go to college.

Second, you aren't annoying me. I think its funny how someone like you will spend money that you earned on something that you are just going to be disappointed in. Why not rent it, or wait until people have played it so you know what its like.

And finally, what was the game originally intended to be? A football game?

Well it is a football game. And to please the consumers that asked for it, they added an owner mode. So, I'll ask my question again, what was the game originally intended to be?

And when you find out, tell EA because according to people like you, they don't know what the game is supposed to be. Maybe you can fill them in on what it was they meant to do. Then you can tell the millions of consumers that buy the game and like it that they are dumb for enjoying it. Yeah that should go over well. And then before you leave EA, tell them that you can help them be the #1 sports video game company..... oh wait they already are. But at least you can tell them you contributed even though you don't like their product, but bought it just so you could start up a conversation on a sports video gaming message board.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 06-19-2006 at 01:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2006, 01:07 PM   #46
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Well, I guess I have do have a big brain. Because there is no way in the world I would spend my hard earned cash on a game that I absolutely hate.

Man spending $50 just so you can bitch. Man give the money to charity or something.
Just to lighten the mood a shade...this reminds me of the immortal Pulp Fiction quote "Look at the big brain on Brett!!"

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-19-2006, 08:48 PM   #47
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
First of all, thanks for the big brain compliment. I guess it does pay off to go to college.

Second, you aren't annoying me. I think its funny how someone like you will spend money that you earned on something that you are just going to be disappointed in. Why not rent it, or wait until people have played it so you know what its like.

And finally, what was the game originally intended to be? A football game?

Well it is a football game. And to please the consumers that asked for it, they added an owner mode. So, I'll ask my question again, what was the game originally intended to be?

And when you find out, tell EA because according to people like you, they don't know what the game is supposed to be. Maybe you can fill them in on what it was they meant to do. Then you can tell the millions of consumers that buy the game and like it that they are dumb for enjoying it. Yeah that should go over well. And then before you leave EA, tell them that you can help them be the #1 sports video game company..... oh wait they already are. But at least you can tell them you contributed even though you don't like their product, but bought it just so you could start up a conversation on a sports video gaming message board.
No, its funny how countryboy can't stand anyone to bad mouth his great EA football franchise. Its funny how in a thread titled "In the Game" how the best Big Cunch could come up with is "So why do you buy it?" To answer your question, I haven't been buying it for years. I would rent it to compare against the 2K series franchise, then laugh at how unrealistic it looked in comparison. I would then laugh harder at the thought of you actually sitting there playing it.

Thanks for the concern my friend, but MY hard earned money actually went to something that was worth it.

Hmmm?? Seems to me your in a thread about "In the Game", with a number of people expressing views about what's not "in the game" yet you still maintain that enthusiasm and fighting spirit about your beloved EA and your Million Madden March brethren.

To be honest, why would EA listen to me when it has your Kool Aid covered mouth whispering sweet nothings in their ears? "....Oh EA, don't listen to them..what? oh Madden 360 was THE BEST football game I ever played, those people don't have a clue...what? Come on, why would anyone want player models to look realistic!...what? Who needs gang tackling!..what? realistic OL-DL interaction? That is absurd....Oh yes, it does feel good to know that I was voted #1 fan of THE EA three years running now..."
Old 06-19-2006, 09:05 PM   #48
Pro

OVR: 7

Oh another thing Cunch, after years of laughter, I did buy Madden 360 thinking ok, next gen, clean slate, EA is going to right all of its wrongs. Well the character models were improved.....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »