Home

Madden 360 gets Superstar Mode

This is a discussion on Madden 360 gets Superstar Mode within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2006, 02:27 PM   #9
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: Madden 360 gets Superstar Mode

I like the concept behind Superstar mode from a gameplay standpoint; don't really care for EA's playing it up/focusing on it as a casual feature. Like FPF in 2K, I think it has a lot of potential if they don't arcade it up. But they likely will. Still this is something that should've been in the game in the first place and deserves no recognition. Gotta give it to EA for their ability to make you feel as if they're giving you something *extra*
Old 06-20-2006, 02:37 PM   #10
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackceasar
...and that is why there are other modes for you buddy

If you dont like that, thats your business. The comment was more for people who think the actual super star mode itself should be basically what it was last year. (Create yourself, throw the ball to yourself every play, rack up stats, go into the HOF). Sorry but thats not realistic. If the Cowboys were to draft you in real life would you be calling the plays, and passing the ball to yourself?
I understand your point, and I agree with you. It's just that I also feel that this is going to be one of those things that sounds like more fun that it actually turns out to be.
Old 06-20-2006, 02:49 PM   #11
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
------- if you create a wide receiver, you actually only play as the receiver, complete with a different camera angle showcasing your player, with special moves tied to the right analog stick for every position. That means you don't call the play (you're not the coach). You don't throw the ball (you're not the QB). And you don't play defense (you simply watch the game and cheer for the D to play strong). For those gamers who don't want to watch the defense, you do have the option to take over the D and play that side of the ball like a normal game-------
I've wanted something like this for a really long time. This makes me very excited.

WebsiteFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2006, 03:22 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG_Meth
I've wanted something like this for a really long time. This makes me very excited.
Yeah, granted I would trade the revamped (done right finally) SS mode in for other things the game really needs more. But since I cannot make EA do anything with thier game I have to try to find something positive in the things they did put in. For me this is the first "add on" they put in the game that they did actually right. But Meth you know good and well there are going to be people on this site cry and complain and say the SS mode istelf sucks because they cant pass the ball to themselves 30 times in a game. Or they cant make a RB and call 60 run plays in a game.
Old 06-20-2006, 03:36 PM   #13
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Yeah, granted I would trade the revamped (done right finally) SS mode in for other things the game really needs more. But since I cannot make EA do anything with thier game I have to try to find something positive in the things they did put in. For me this is the first "add on" they put in the game that they did actually right. But Meth you know good and well there are going to be people on this site cry and complain and say the SS mode istelf sucks because they cant pass the ball to themselves 30 times in a game. Or they cant make a RB and call 60 run plays in a game.

After reading about the feature, it actually sounds alot of fun. It'll be crazy playing as a reciever and seeing Champ Bailey on the other side of you bumping you out of your route. Or completely shutting you down. What I like the most is the fact that you can watch the game when not on the field or from being subbed(I'm guessing you can be subbed)

My only concern right now is as someone put it earlier. Will EA make this mode more arcade than sim? If you're a reciever, will the QB throw you the ball more times than not when you call for it? And when you call for it, will it be easy to catch?

Besides that, I'm hoping they added some position specific moves like a WR slightly pushing off on defenders or using the analog to make quick cuts. Or using it to stop and face the QB on a curl route.
Old 06-20-2006, 03:55 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

Is this what people really wanted. I am very dissaponited with this. I guess I have to deal with it though. Nothing catering to game play, just more fluff. Is this what gamers really want. AHHHHHHH!
Old 06-20-2006, 04:01 PM   #15
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postman17
Is this what people really wanted. I am very dissaponited with this. I guess I have to deal with it though. Nothing catering to game play, just more fluff. Is this what gamers really want. AHHHHHHH!

You should just do as I did. Just give up. As this is the only pro football game in town. You gotta find the fun somewhere. We can wish for OL-DL interaction till our balls get wrinkled and old, EA does what EA wants. No wishlist, petition or bag full of money will convince them otherwise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2006, 04:04 PM   #16
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postman17
Judging by the responses both here and on some other Madden sites I would say there are definitely some people who want this. I'm not one of those people, but to each his own.

Last edited by coogrfan; 06-20-2006 at 05:20 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »