Home

QB Vision Cone in 2007?

This is a discussion on QB Vision Cone in 2007? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2006, 06:21 PM   #25
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: QB Vision Cone in 2007?

on a scale of 1-5, i'd rate last year's vision cone feature a 3, which aint bad.

if they could SOMEHOW tweak it in a way to make it quicker and more intuitive, i wouldnt have any complaints about it. (Unfortunately i have not heard of any tweaking of this feature in previews of this year's game.) People blast EA for not making any advancements in the genre, but i feel the vision cone was a rather ambitious step in the right direction...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2006, 06:52 PM   #26
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComfortablyLomb
Anyone know if you can shut off the vision cone while playing defense? That thing drove me nuts...
If playing against the CPU, use controller 2 and move it like you were playing a 2 player game. Go into options after the coin toss and take the cone off, then move the controller back to CPU before you select any kickoff formations, and the CPU will not use the cone.
Old 07-02-2006, 09:13 PM   #27
Rookie

Deltron's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Why? You have to make a decision on where to throw the ball and "look" that way to throw it with cone. Again it's not perfect and needs some work(how, I don't know) but it's more than being a 2 button passing mode.

I agree we need to keep advancing the system because the "Hit button A to throw to A receiver just doesn't cut it anymore.
Well, because all that "looking" at the WR amounted to was an extra button press. Like you said, we need more than "hit button A to throw to A receiver" -- all the passing cone did was to basically make me "hit button A twice" (while holding R).

I think moving around the vision with the Right Analog actually made more sense in trying to replicate "looking" except for what I already stated about it clashing with how fast reads happen from a video game perspective.

I'm hoping more for something that makes it "feel" like you are passing rather than just a mechanic that adds an extra button press to slow things down.
Old 07-05-2006, 11:55 AM   #28
Pro

OVR: 7

IMO it needs to be more based on the position of the QB. Not as specific as a 10 foot wide flashlight on the field. Even the WORST qb in the NFL can see 2 receivers at the same time when they are standing 10 feet away from one another.

The right stick should be used to position your QB for the throw he is about to make. Meaning if he is trying to throw right you need to move the stick towards the right , if hes trying to throw left you need to move the stick to the left ect....ect..... . Your position on the field should also have a impact. If your QB is rolled out or just way off to one side of the field a throw to the opposite side should be almost impossible. Even if you make your QB look that way.

There should NOT be a flashlight or anything else that gives this away. It should merely be you making the QB set up to throw in a general direction and the individual accy and pwr attributes should dictate what happens from there.

The cone IMO does not resemble real life in any way shape or form. It totally kills the fluid bang bang quick timing feel of the QB position and made it clunky and about as unfluid as it can be.

Kudos to EA for doing away with it as quickly as they did. IMO it wasnt even needed. Just make the attributes more realistic.
Minnesota Wild
Old 07-05-2006, 01:51 PM   #29
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitown1211
IMO it needs to be more based on the position of the QB. Not as specific as a 10 foot wide flashlight on the field. Even the WORST qb in the NFL can see 2 receivers at the same time when they are standing 10 feet away from one another.

The right stick should be used to position your QB for the throw he is about to make. Meaning if he is trying to throw right you need to move the stick towards the right , if hes trying to throw left you need to move the stick to the left ect....ect..... . Your position on the field should also have a impact. If your QB is rolled out or just way off to one side of the field a throw to the opposite side should be almost impossible. Even if you make your QB look that way.

There should NOT be a flashlight or anything else that gives this away. It should merely be you making the QB set up to throw in a general direction and the individual accy and pwr attributes should dictate what happens from there.

The cone IMO does not resemble real life in any way shape or form. It totally kills the fluid bang bang quick timing feel of the QB position and made it clunky and about as unfluid as it can be.

Kudos to EA for doing away with it as quickly as they did. IMO it wasnt even needed. Just make the attributes more realistic.
Come on, Chitown1211. We both know the real reason why you dislike the cone so much:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitown1211 on 09/02/05
I think people that like the cone are poeple using good QB's. Culpepper and Manning type guys mostly. My gripe about it is the desperity between good and AVG qb's. According to the game avg QB's are almost blind and can only see in a 10 yard field of vision. Now you are at a GREAT disadvantage in this game if you play with an avg QB. Too unfair IMO. There should be a difference , but not as great as they have it portrayed in this game.

Try the cone with Kyle Orton .

Old 07-05-2006, 04:36 PM   #30
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Come on, Chitown1211. We both know the real reason why you dislike the cone so much:

lol. And I was actually wrong there. Once you master the 2 button push there really isnt that much of adifference.
Minnesota Wild
Old 07-05-2006, 04:39 PM   #31
Rookie

Deltron's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitown1211

My idea is instead of the Right Stick making you turn into throwing position, using the L and R triggers. The reason being that with the triggers your thumb is free to hit the pass button at the same time, which maintains that fluid feeling that we want.

The only problem with the R Stick is that you'd have to press it and then take your thumb off and press a button. Might feel kinda clunky that way.

Last edited by Deltron; 07-05-2006 at 04:42 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2006, 09:50 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 9

i actually liked the qb vision cone. I thought it made the game more realistic

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »