Home

DJ Rhudes Madden impressions..Current gen pics and videos inside.

This is a discussion on DJ Rhudes Madden impressions..Current gen pics and videos inside. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2006, 10:51 AM   #41
DickDalewood

OVR:
Re: DJ Rhudes Madden impressions..Current gen pics and videos inside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
First of all, if the 360 pics look worse this year, it would be great to know where and why you think this, exactly.

Secondly, is it just me, or does the PS2 version in the videos look.....I dunno....smoother than usual? I've never played the PS2 version but it just seems more fluent than the Xbox 06 and even PC 06 version I must say.

Does anyone know what the frame rate limit for Madden is on the PS2 and Xbox? Is it 30FPS? I think there was a time when they limited the PC version to 30. Maybe it still is, because I swear those PS2 videos just look smoother, which is very hard to explain because the compressed video itself is probably only 20-30FPS.
I agree with you about those PS2 vids... the game does look a little more smooth this year.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2006, 11:54 AM   #42
EA Game Changer

OVR: 28

If you dont think this looks better, i have no idea what to say lol

Looks alot better
Old 06-30-2006, 11:57 AM   #43
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
This statement only makes sense if you generalize. As much as I didn't like the last few years of Madden, there are people who loved it. To say that EVERYONE was complaining about the Madden engine is a bit over the top, don't you think? There are quite a few people on this site. You can't take the opinions of a few and assume that's the concensus around here.

Even if everyone complained about the current gen engine, it could still be better than next gen's. That would just mean next gen's engine sucks as well... in "everyone's" opinion.
Um.... It was a generalization. Well done, Holmes.
Old 06-30-2006, 01:39 PM   #44
MVP

Badgun's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
People want to think that, but it's not the case imo. I have a 360 and think the current gen game looks more fluid, as Burnwood said. I feel the same way about NCAA vs. NCAA 360. I'd like to be excited about possibly getting a good/killer 360 football game, but more and more I'm thinking we won't. We haven't seen much gameplay video from either at this late stage - I think this is the most gameplay footage I've seen of current gen Madden lol. I think Madden 360 will look and play better than NCAA 360, but it's still up in the air if either will play better than their current gen counterparts. It's not like I have a lot of info to go on; just a hunch because I'm not that impressed with the way NCAA 360's gameplay has shaped up
Well I have two 360s and I desperately want a good football game for it, but if the 360 version of both NCAA and Madden are based off of last year's Madden on the 360, then I think a lot of us are going to be disappointed. 360 Madden 06 and Xbox Madden 06 were like two completely different games, one was horrible (360) and the other one was pretty darn good all in all.

Based on everything I have read from IGN, which of course, I take with a grain of salt, the 360 version of 07 is a lot like 06, but with all the franchise stuff added back in. We all know EA doesn't stray too far from version to version, so unless they've made some sweeping changes to the gameplay, the Xbox version is going to be more what a lot of us are looking for.

The graphics whores will always go with the best looking version and a lot of guys made the mistake of trading away or selling their Xbox once they got a 360. They have no other choice but to like this year's game, good or bad. I would be willing to bet that most of the guys that are saying how good Madden 07 on the 360 is going to be, don't have an Xbox or PS2 to fall back on.

Me, I have no problem with going back and playing 07 on the Xbox instead of the 360. I'm not going to play an inferior game just because it looks better. In my opinion, gameplay notwithstanding, the 360 version is already an inferior product due to not having real announcers. If the games are completely identical in the gameplay department, I will still probably choose the Xbox version over the 360 version for this reason alone.

You guys need to remember how bad the 360 version was last year. Some of the stuff is unforgivable. The game had a very floaty feel and nothing you did in the game felt precise. DBs ran away from the play on a regular basis and the deep ball was almost money. Even thought the graphics were better, I still thought the player models looked weird in a lot of ways. And who can forget the two minute offense of the CPU? How they were able to run a play, get tackled, and get back to the line in less than 5 seconds is a miracle of physics. I once saw the Eagles go 77 yards in 10 plays in 38 seconds without the aid of an out of bounds play or an incomplete pass. Hopefully, EA fixed this or they should be ashamed of themselves. Simply put, last year's 360 version was a HORRIBLE representation of a football game. I felt like I was back playing that awful NFL Fever 2001.

So, in my opinion, EA has a whole lot of stuff to fix to even get this year's game in a playable state. I hope they're up to the task, but I don't think they are.
Old 06-30-2006, 06:07 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 14

Thank you Badgun.

It seems points just get lost in these replies. I simply said that current gen looks like a better game gameplay-wise than next gen. Yes, pixel for pixel the 360 version does look better (which means screenshot for screenshot for those who still can't grasp what I'm saying)! However the fluidity, while you're playing, next-gen isn't there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2006, 09:35 PM   #46
Pro

OVR: 10

hmm...One would hope that before August EA can get the new vikings uniforms in the game...I'm no Vike's fan, but tt's kind of upsetting to see the old unis still in the game...
Old 06-30-2006, 10:05 PM   #47
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

There is already a pic of the Vikes new uni's. It's in the thread that says "LONG HAIR IS IN THE GAME"
Old 06-30-2006, 11:04 PM   #48
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
There is already a pic of the Vikes new uni's. It's in the thread that says "LONG HAIR IS IN THE GAME"
Ok...I hadn't seen that....I just saw the pic on the front page of this thread, and it worried me a little.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »