Home

Does anyone really care for the new O-line lead block control?

This is a discussion on Does anyone really care for the new O-line lead block control? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2006, 01:50 PM   #25
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Does anyone really care for the new O-line lead block control?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac11367
I'll be happy if the Redskins' Counter-Trey and Broncos' Stretch (done correctly this time around with the weak side doing the cut block to kill the pursuit) are included.
Good luck. I've never seen a counter play run correctly on Madden. The front side linemen never leave a d-lineman unblocked to be trapped.

Since they have controlled cut blocking, maybe the Broncos stretch plays will be executed correctly. Here's to hope!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2006, 02:02 PM   #26
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
It would have been nice if EA would have improved the oline/full back blocking AI.
That's what I was hoping for, in addition to better blocking mechanics all together. There seems to be only 3 outcomes when a block is initiated. Either one of the players gets knocked over or they dance together. However, in football, blocks are not stationary. Blocks tend to flow towards the play. Unless a defensive player is trying to go through the blocker, it's nearly impossible to stop him from moving in the general direction he wants to go.

And I'm sure EA is aware of this. I've long since started to doubt the talent of the developers. I don't think they are capable of creating better player interaction at this point... blocking, gang tackling, ect. They admitted being incapable of developing gang tackling on current gen hardware. I think that's the case on next gen hardware as well, despite the power.
Old 07-07-2006, 02:53 PM   #27
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

When Madden comes out for current gen we will see the biggest change in how people play the game since 2001.
Old 07-07-2006, 02:59 PM   #28
MVP

MizzouBravesFan's Arena

OVR: 13

I actually like the feature a lot. It's going to be awesome the first time you blow up that blitzing Safety or Linebacker in the hole to spring a huge run. I'm really excited about this feature, if done right it'll add a whole new layer to the gameplay...similar to the Vision Cone.
Old 07-07-2006, 04:04 PM   #29
Pro

MikeRo72's Arena

OVR: 6

With the speed on Madden getting closer to the actual thing I dont see how you will be able to manuever, choose a block style, and keep it moving to stone the free safety. Just me though. And call me crazy but if you can do all this, it will be a cheezer's dream come true. Think Bo Jackson circa Tecmo, or Emmitt Smith circa 95. Like I said I hope I am wrong.
Old 07-08-2006, 10:10 AM   #30
Pro

OVR: 7

Does anyone know if a user controlled defensive will have moves to counter the effectiveness of the "lead blocker"? For example, I switch control to my ROLB, I see my opponent has taken control of the FB as a lead blocker, will I automatically get sucked into a dance or pancake animation with the FB or are there defensive moves to counter with? I know there are swim moves, etc. but I was wondering if the "run to daylight" feature trumps everything else.
Old 07-08-2006, 07:01 PM   #31
Straight Edge

DXZeke's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by njskillz
Does anyone know if a user controlled defensive will have moves to counter the effectiveness of the "lead blocker"? For example, I switch control to my ROLB, I see my opponent has taken control of the FB as a lead blocker, will I automatically get sucked into a dance or pancake animation with the FB or are there defensive moves to counter with? I know there are swim moves, etc. but I was wondering if the "run to daylight" feature trumps everything else.
I thought I saw one of the guys from EA saying that just because you take control, that doesn't mean it'll be an automatic block, etc. That you can still get blown past or bolwed over by a DL or LB.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2006, 09:23 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 19

*Replying to the thread title*

Question: Has anyone used this feature yet?
Answer: No, the game hasn't been released.

Question: How can anyone know if they like something they haven't tried in a video game?
Answer: They can't.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »