Home

Lets see if we can get EA to listen.

This is a discussion on Lets see if we can get EA to listen. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2006, 08:36 AM   #1
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12
Lets see if we can get EA to listen.

I was thinking that instead of crying on message boards year in and year out (I'm not pointing the finger at anyone, I do it too) maybe we could organize a little better. My idea is that we get a list of 10-20 major problems with the game (suction blocking, DB A.I., etc.) and have members here and on other sites give it the old e-signature somehow and ship it of to EA.

The main thing is we can't just piss and moan. We need to explain to EA why these issues need to be fixed and how they would make the game that much more enjoyable. A few ideas on how to fix the issues may not hurt either. It would also be beneficial to have a mod here or on another respected gaming site with a contact at EA give them the list.

Hopefully if we approach EA as adults (funny considering we're all worrying about a video game) instead of crying like children they may actually listen to us for once. I'd get the ball rolling on this myself but I wouldn't know how to set up an e-signature site nor do I know any contacts at EA or anyone else that does.

What do you guys think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2006, 08:46 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Lets see if we can get EA to listen.

What I think is that you all need to speak with your wallet instead.

EA is a big corporation and like all big corporations all their decisions are based on one thing - keeping the shareholders happy, not keeping people on message boards happy.

As long as the Madden franchise continues to be profitable and make the shareholders money, they will not care about the rants of message board folks, no matter how many e-mails you send them. If you want them to really take action, you need to stop buying the game, so that the shareholders start to make less money and then pressure them to make changes.

I didn't buy 360 Madden because I played the demo and knew it wasn't worth my $60. I'm going to do the same thing with Madden 2007. If it's not the game I want it to be, I'm not going to buy it. I did the same thing with MLB2k6 and NHL2k6 for the 360. It's not what I expected from a next-gen baseball and hockey game, so decided it's not worth my $60. It's unfortunate that I don't have a next-gen baseball, hoceky or football game now, but I don't *have* to settle for one that I'm not happy with because it's the only option. It doesn't do any good at all, as far as pressuring them to make changes, to give them your $60 and then talk about the flaws in an e-mail or message board.

Last edited by born_bad; 07-07-2006 at 08:50 AM.
Old 07-07-2006, 09:01 AM   #3
MVP

dubplate's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by born_bad

EA is a big corporation and like all big corporations all their decisions are based on one thing - keeping the shareholders happy, not keeping people on message boards happy.

As long as the Madden franchise continues to be profitable and make the shareholders money, they will not care about the rants of message board folks, no matter how many e-mails you send them. If you want them to really take action, you need to stop buying the game, so that the shareholders start to make less money and then pressure them to make changes.

I didn't buy 360 Madden because I played the demo and knew it wasn't worth my $60. I'm going to do the same thing with Madden 2007. If it's not the game I want it to be, I'm not going to buy it. I did the same thing with MLB2k6 and NHL2k6 for the 360. It's not what I expected from a next-gen baseball and hockey game, so decided it's not worth my $60. It's unfortunate that I don't have a next-gen baseball, hoceky or football game now, but I don't *have* to settle for one that I'm not happy with because it's the only option. It doesn't do any good at all, as far as pressuring them to make changes, to give them your $60 and then talk about the flaws in an e-mail or message board.
I agree but as you stated EA is a big corporation, and that's for a reason. EA sold 1.7 million games across multiple platforms last year in it's first week. I honestly don't think we could get a large enough group of people to boycott the game to make a difference.

I for one still enjoy Madden every year. The game isn't perfect but it's not as bad as some people make it out to be. I'm just trying to find a logical way for EA to hear our gripes and take them seriously.
Old 07-07-2006, 09:05 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:

Well said

I did the same, as I passed on Madden 360, MLB2k6, NHL2k6, Hoops360 for the same reasons. With games at $60 a pop i'm very selective and I expect a helleva lot more from game companies.
Old 07-07-2006, 10:23 AM   #5
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodster
Well said

I did the same, as I passed on Madden 360, MLB2k6, NHL2k6, Hoops360 for the same reasons. With games at $60 a pop i'm very selective and I expect a helleva lot more from game companies.
It's true. I used to suck up the 2k games when they were $20 a pop and I had a current generation system. Even games like MVP at $30 were pretty much a no-brainer purchase. Now that games are $60 I've noticed myself being both stingier with my wallet and basically playing less videogames. In fact, I've had enough free time to work on my golf game more often and take up the guitar! Thanks gaming industry!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2006, 10:37 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComfortablyLomb
It's true. I used to suck up the 2k games when they were $20 a pop and I had a current generation system. Even games like MVP at $30 were pretty much a no-brainer purchase. Now that games are $60 I've noticed myself being both stingier with my wallet and basically playing less videogames. In fact, I've had enough free time to work on my golf game more often and take up the guitar! Thanks gaming industry!
It's only going to get worse I fear.
Old 07-07-2006, 10:40 AM   #7
Pro

DereckM's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:

Down with THE COROPORATION!!!
Old 07-07-2006, 10:45 AM   #8
MVP

dubplate's Arena

Price does make people more selective. However, I don't think EA even notices when a few people don't purchase the game for one system. Some people are just going to get the current gen version instead. Regardless EA is still going to make a ton of money off of this franchise. I was just suggesting a more logical approach.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »