Home

"Casual" Gamers who like SS mode should be happy now.

This is a discussion on "Casual" Gamers who like SS mode should be happy now. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2006, 04:33 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: "Casual" Gamers who like SS mode should be happy now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
I think SS mode is for the hardcore gamer. It's a very narrow and focused mode, and has everything to do with football. To me, a casual gamer is not interested in the finer aspects of football. They just want to pick it up and play. SS mode seems very anti-pick up and play.

What makes you say it's for the casual gamer? Are you equating wider range to casual gamer?

Either way, every time they implement a new feature that I'm not interested in, I can't help to think how the game would be if they addressed the issues I have with the game. Player interaction.
ss is for the hardcore gamer?? Right. & RFTH is too.. SS is mainly for the non sim crowd..We care more about X's & O's instead of living in a high top pent house & selecting movie roles. (omitted this yr, but was in last yr)

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
headphones: Balanced Sony SA5000/Sen 650 AKG 340
Old 07-13-2006, 02:37 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
It's also more realistic to periodically have 4 minute tv timeouts but I don't think many people would appreciate that. Sometimes the game and how it's played should trump realism.
Now that was pretty lame. The game play MODE is called SUPER STAR..not SUPER STARS. You cant equate your lame comment about 4 minute TV timeouts to what I was talking about. The fact that if they let you controll every aspect of the game in SS mode, that would TRUMP the purpose of the game mode in itself. But I guess you dont see that.

"sometimes the game and how it's played should trump realisim" yeah whatever you say boss. If they took your advice from that comment there would be no need for SS mode then. Why have one if its the same thing as using create a player to play in the regular game mode? Maybe you just dont get it. Who knows
Old 07-13-2006, 07:04 PM   #19
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

I had Reggie Bush,rated 91. The problem is the AI in that game was stupid. You don't run into the back of the OL on every play,the only time something like that should be happening is short yardage situations,not first down. Having a QB stare at a wide open reciver and decide to throw across the field for an INT instead isn't any good either. I'm saying that the AI is down right idiotic in that game. If it's the same thing here then it makes the entire SS mode entirely useless if you can't control everything.
Old 07-13-2006, 07:19 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddenps2
We are talking about important things people care about.
My point is still valid, there are alot of things in real life that are conceded to a game because of the issues involved. It's a very small group of people who would really want to sit there and watch half a game and have zero control over it. But then all the narcissistic people on this forum probably never stop to think about what anyone would enjoy but themselves. And then when they don't get it their way, rather than ponder the bigger picture, throw a childish tantrum.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-14-2006, 01:21 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
My point is still valid, there are alot of things in real life that are conceded to a game because of the issues involved. It's a very small group of people who would really want to sit there and watch half a game and have zero control over it. But then all the narcissistic people on this forum probably never stop to think about what anyone would enjoy but themselves. And then when they don't get it their way, rather than ponder the bigger picture, throw a childish tantrum.
lol..you still miss the point in this instance. Why have a SS mode if its more or less going to be like playing a regular game, except for you have a created player in it? You can do that WITHOUT SS mode now. duh.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2006, 02:46 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 10

I never knew what was going on with my team and the rest of the league when I played. If I simmed in the playoffs, I didn't know who beat who, I didn't know who retired, didn't know who we let go or picked up, didn't know much but what my particular player was doing.
Old 07-14-2006, 06:12 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackceasar
lol..you still miss the point in this instance. Why have a SS mode if its more or less going to be like playing a regular game, except for you have a created player in it? You can do that WITHOUT SS mode now. duh.
Because if your player is an offensive player then you control him and only him in an RPG fashion on offense. When on defense you just control the game like normal. Or don't, just let the cpu control the team if you so desire. At least you have the option instead of being forced to go half the game with zero input.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-14-2006, 06:27 PM   #24
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

For what it's worth I NEVER control any player other than myself so SS mode is what I'm looking most for. FOR ME I don't understand why you would recruit a RB with great ability etc.. then negate that by controlling him yourself. On O I'm the QB and on D I'm the SS and that's all I control.
To each his own. I understand why lots of people like controlling everyone. It's just not for me.
I'm just glad the SS is set up this way this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »