Home

Madden Fans get an early look

This is a discussion on Madden Fans get an early look within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-28-2006, 02:46 PM   #273
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden Fans get an early look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Fix'd.

LOL. Freestyle and Isomotion are two completely diffrent control schemes. What I meant in that post was for 07 Live. It seems as if they are offering more control to the freestyle moves. Cant exactly describe how it works but from the sounds of it, they are copying some of 2K's Isomotion controls.
Old 07-28-2006, 03:07 PM   #274
Rookie

Rekkapryde's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRealChrono
See this is the kind of guys I directed my post at and I knew that someone would say that. True, the game needs those features in it. But am I going to lose sleep over it? Will it drastically change my life to where I just cannot live without gang tackling? No, it's not, and if it changes yours like that your really need a life...No offense of course. Sure, they have no competition or anything to keep them on thier toes, but who didnt see that coming. I'll play Madden and NCAA Football and be happy that someone is still making the effort to put a game out. Your arguments against EA is kinda like arguments against 50 Cent. You may hate his music or think he forgot where he came from, but you gotta respect his grind to get money.

At the end of the day it's just a video game. Don't waste your time to even worry about something so silly when you can be focused on making something out of yourself and trying to provide a good life for your family (if you have one).
I do have a good quality of life for me and my family and I'm not "worrying" over the game like others are. The point I was trying to make is that some people's arguments over the lack of gameplay elements that still aren't in this next gen's Madden are legitimate. For me, it won't break me, because I've grown accustomed to living without it. Playing the game for 16 years, they've made growth and I'm hoping that EA will eventually use the technology at their disposal to make the game better. They def have the money to do it and it's not impossible b/c some of what people are asking for already exists/existed in other games.
I'm not gonna lose sleep over it, I do like what I see, and I will buy the game. I am happy with NCAA and from the looks of these videos, I'm liking what I see OVERALL in the game. I just hope that one day instead of looking for a new feature to add every year (which isn't bad), let's fix these things that peeps have been asking for for years. That's all man. I can't wait to play the game and I am excited for it.
Old 07-28-2006, 03:11 PM   #275
MVP

xrams's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIGHTNING
That is 2005, 2006 and 2007 are a different story. HALO 3 and FORZA 2 are likely to massively outsell all EA games on the XBOX 360. EA games like most publishers are going to slide eventually due to saturation of the video game market. The average age of the video game player is now 37 and this is a very bad sign for the industry because the growth is due to older people playing games not a big increase in the traditonal age demograhics for video games. People are going to get bored with EA games as well as other games from other publishers. The younger generation is less attached to video games. It has been 23 years since the last crash and the current boom is 20 years old. The crash will likely be followed by a very long lull period and probably the end of video game console industry. If it were not for Nintendo, there would be no console video game industry today.

Sir you have just lurched uncontrollably into the truth…. A high ranking EA rep even said it himself (during E3)…. That EA sports games are challenged by all genres…. Madden used to stand alone as a cashcow for EA… now there are so many choices out there (for the casual gamer) they can’t rely on madden anymore… maintaining it’s profit margin is more and more difficult… he went so far as to single out (Rockstar’s) GTA franchise, in order to talk about the EA Godfather game…. They know that folks/causal gamers ability to purchase multiple games will decrease with the new (next gen) price point not to mention the large amount of time new more complicated games are becoming to play, which also limits the casual gamers need for football, Madden will always be their (ppl can just by it later)… only the hardcore gamers line up to buy madden... too bad they’re the ones least happy with the Madden direction… flooding the market with ads and slick promos have run there course… Madden has to give folks more reason to buy other then a bunch of noise… IMO this PPV stunt is more like market testing, to gage real/future demand...

This is why I think the NFL deal is more challenging than they (EA) first thought… diluting the market with spin-offs titles, while simultaneously trying to prevent anyone else from making NFL games may be biting them sooner than they ever thought… and I also think there action as turned ppl off... not only hardcore Madden fans but the casual too....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2006, 03:19 PM   #276
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
LOL. Freestyle and Isomotion are two completely diffrent control schemes. What I meant in that post was for 07 Live. It seems as if they are offering more control to the freestyle moves. Cant exactly describe how it works but from the sounds of it, they are copying some of 2K's Isomotion controls.

I thought live was incorporating the shot stick. something live fans hated out of 2k6. lol. now its their new best friend. gotta love the shifiting and switching
Old 07-28-2006, 03:38 PM   #277
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas
I thought live was incorporating the shot stick. something live fans hated out of 2k6. lol. now its their new best friend. gotta love the shifiting and switching

Was it the shot stick? I cant remember if it was the Shot Stick or the Isomotion. Ethier way, both of them are 2 of the things most Live fans I knew did'nt like about 2K6. But when EA incorporates something similar, they'll be all over it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »