Home

Madden Fans get an early look

This is a discussion on Madden Fans get an early look within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-24-2006, 01:16 PM   #33

OVR: 34
Re: Madden Fans get an early look

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Yeah, I am not seeing that as their motivation.
I'm not saying it's their motivation. I'm saying it's their means of justifying it. Marketing is easy. The reason why? Because the majority of the human race are followers. They follow pop-culture and what it says is "in."

I'm not saying you are like that, but I am saying EA/ESPN, with their main concern being the dollar, is very aware that many are like that. So, they put their focus on how they will exploit those who do. And me being someone who is really wanting to see Madden go a little deeper, gets very frustrated by such things.

BK, this seriously doesn't bug you?
Old 07-24-2006, 01:17 PM   #34
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
I don't know about the first part.

But have you played the upcoming release of Madden to say one way or another about how much effort they are putting in to the actual game?

Naw, you caught me.

But seriously, do you even need to ask that question? Seriously...
Old 07-24-2006, 01:20 PM   #35
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by dQbell

BK, this seriously doesn't bug you?
No for 2 reasons.

1. It's business, and I understand that. It's just the way it works.

2. I wouldn't have watched it had it been on free TV. This kind of marketing crap does nothing for me. I may download a few vids off of IGN, but let's face it, I Am a football gaming junkie and will buy any football game released. So this kind of crap does me no good, as I will buy the game no matter what they show on TV.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2006, 01:21 PM   #36
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
Naw, you caught me.

But seriously, do you even need to ask that question? Seriously...
As someone that has hated Madden for the last few years, and really hasn't been able to keep my attention, I have to say that I am pretty encouraged by the little media I have seen of the game.

I buy every game with an open mind, and if I like it, I like it. If I don't like the game, I won't play it. I guess that's just me.
Old 07-24-2006, 01:21 PM   #37
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeboo
That's the way I see it.

If one doesn't want to spend the money seeing this preview (and I don't know why anyone in their right mind would want to) then don't order it. Simple as that. I'm just not seeing the big deal and uproar over this PPV viewing. Do other's have that little willpower to not pay for it?

I would love to see this and I'm sure we all would. Why should we pay in the first place, thats the question I want answered? If this does'nt work(which I'm sure it wont) then this will be on ESPN the very next week. It'll probably be on ESPN the very next week regardless. As BK said, they want to see how dumb we really are.
Old 07-24-2006, 01:23 PM   #38

OVR: 34

Quote:
No for 2 reasons.

1. It's business, and I understand that. It's just the way it works.

2. I wouldn't have watched it had it been on free TV. This kind of marketing crap does nothing for me. I may download a few vids off of IGN, but let's face it, I Am a football gaming junkie and will buy any football game released. So this kind of crap does me no good, as I will buy the game no matter what they show on TV.
I can understand that.
Old 07-24-2006, 01:27 PM   #39
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

Quote:
As someone that has hated Madden for the last few years, and really hasn't been able to keep my attention, I have to say that I am pretty encouraged by the little media I have seen of the game.

I buy every game with an open mind, and if I like it, I like it. If I don't like the game, I won't play it. I guess that's just me.

I to am optomistic based off what we've been shown so far but I cant help but to go off EA's track record. I sleep with 1 eye open when it comes to EA. To put it so simply, I dont like wasting money. I'm not cheap but I hate being robbed.
Old 07-24-2006, 01:27 PM   #40
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dQbell
I can understand that.
Some people smoke crack, some people steal, football gaming is my vice. I guess it could be worse.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »