Home

IGN Posts Play of the Day/QB Cones

This is a discussion on IGN Posts Play of the Day/QB Cones within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2006, 11:24 AM   #105
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: IGN Posts Play of the Day/QB Cones

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
I don't think the issue is as black and white as you're making it out to be. The game doesn't flat out suck; if it did it'd make it a lot easier to simply not purchase. It's just increasingly frustrating that it's not better. There are a bunch of different analogies that can be made but no sense in making them.

What kills me is that when the praise flows and is deserving, no one's calling for people to stay level headed. A week ago NCAA 360 was being mentioned as the greatest football game ever; now people are realizing it's far from it. It goes both ways. It's not like people are sitting here complaining about every little detail, as people do with the baseball games. This is my opinion, but to me Tiburon is getting things I'd consider basic for a football game really wrong - and that's concerning because there is no other choice for an NFL football game. I'd expect that if I go to Maddenmania or Maddennation, they'd want to accentuate the positive about the game - so a lot of times frank discussions just aren't going to to occur there. Is that how OS should be?
CO-SIGN
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2006, 11:31 AM   #106
MVP

Badgun's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
People like you and Badgun have gone wayyyy past the point of voicing your opinion and dissapointment. I bet if you went through all of your post over the last month or so, a large majority of them were negative (borderline trolling) comments.
I make it a point to always phrase my posts so they don't come across as trolling. I never violate the TOS, however people do it regularly when responding to my posts because for some reason they become so emotionally invested, yet they don't even get a warning.

I don't call people names nor do I flame someone for having their opinion...it's shame that's not a two way street.

Like I said before, do you think I wanted to NOT like the 360 version? DO you thing I planned this so I could stir up the OS forums? The game just doesn't feel right to me...I have stated this many times, but instead of respecting my opinion, I get blasted because I'm crying about missing features and crap like that. My whole beef with the game is it just doesn't feel right to me, nothing more.

I've even asked a few of the more civil posters to post what makes it so great because I thought I might be missing something, but I guess they're so busy slobbering over the spiffy graphics that they can't possible put two coherent sentences together.
Old 07-28-2006, 11:34 AM   #107
MVP

OVR: 16

Aholbert....Truthfully noone is really trying to troll. IF me or spank posted or opinions it was full of valid statements.

Just to keep it short....We want to see better off these next gen systems. No reason at all..I MEAN NO REASON AT ALL that the Defensive playmaker is left out the game for year #2. Things like that.
Old 07-28-2006, 11:34 AM   #108
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
Or is it only appropriate to talk about what you like about the game? That's the vibe I'm getting here; that's it's only cool to talk about what you like about Madden.
That's exactly what it's like around here, despite people giving extensive background on why they feel the way they feel. What's worse is it's open season on all who are not ecstatic about the game. You can call them names and all. But post more than once about a sub par aspect of the game and you chance a ban.

I watched the vids, but I'll keep my impressions to myself. The DANI(Defenders Against Negative Impressions) are out in full force.
Old 07-28-2006, 11:38 AM   #109
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
LOL...this cracks me up. You bitch and moan about the 360 versions but you still buy them? Thats what gets me about a great deal of people on this board...you complain about EA yet you still willingly give them your money. Its pathetic.
Why dont you & other mods take your own advise and just skip over the post that you consider bitching & moaning. When you bitch & moan over the repetitive post like we do about issues not fixed in this series for years & years. Dont worry about why we buy the game with our hard earned money, it really self explanatory...We love footbal. It shouldnt be considered trolling if someone has a gripe about something that is obviously true. Yall kill me with the one sided policing yall do on this board sometimes. No ones trying to flame the thread but when others dont respect someone person opinion its called trollin & yall step in against the wrong person.
Old 07-28-2006, 11:42 AM   #110
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16
Thumbs up Re: IGN Posts Play of the Day/QB Cones

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
That's exactly what it's like around here, despite people giving extensive background on why they feel the way they feel. What's worse is it's open season on all who are not ecstatic about the game. You can call them names and all. But post more than once about a sub par aspect of the game and you chance a ban.

I watched the vids, but I'll keep my impressions to myself. The DANI(Defenders Against Negative Impressions) are out in full force.
The DANI !!! Now that's some funny stuff!! LOL
Old 07-28-2006, 11:48 AM   #111
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO

So who in this thread got called a name solely for negatvie comments on the game?

I don't think people have problems with legit concerns. It's the the people who are desperately looking for something to complain about that get it around here. And you know exactly who I Am talking about.

The bottomline, it's a big internet, you don't like our forums, I am sure there are other places for you to go.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2006, 11:52 AM   #112
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
Dont worry about why we buy the game with our hard earned money, it really self explanatory...We love footbal. It shouldnt be considered trolling if someone has a gripe about something that is obviously true. Yall kill me with the one sided policing yall do on this board sometimes. No ones trying to flame the thread but when others dont respect someone person opinion its called trollin & yall step in against the wrong person.
This was the post that Badgun made that originally stirred up so much trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgun
Thank God for the Xbox version. This is nothing but NCAA dressed up in pro uniforms. I'm sure everything plays and feels the same right down to the stripped down features. I really hate the direction they are going with these games.

Let me know where you see the gripe that is obviously true or even legitimate.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »