Home

I have been playing Madden 360 recently

This is a discussion on I have been playing Madden 360 recently within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2006, 01:52 PM   #9
EA Game Changer

OVR: 28
Re: I have been playing Madden 360 recently

The game is awful IMO, yes the first couple times you play it, its great..Because its something new and the graphics are awesome.

But the animations are pretty poor and its just not fun...especially since suction blocking is still in madden 360 it ruins it.
Old 07-31-2006, 07:43 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

In response to the topic title....

You have my condolences AirLobo23....

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-31-2006, 08:28 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
As painful as this is, I find myself in agreement w/LIGHTNING. While I don't think it was as bad as some have stated, the first 360 Madden was a classic example of familiarity breeding contempt.
madden 360 was bad. if youre getting used to it, its like that syndrome where the kidnappees fall in love with the kidnapper.

please stop justifying a bad game like this and force ea to do better. 360 madden 06 is BAD
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2006, 09:20 AM   #12
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBalla
madden 360 was bad. if youre getting used to it, its like that syndrome where the kidnappees fall in love with the kidnapper.

please stop justifying a bad game like this and force ea to do better. 360 madden 06 is BAD
I disagree. Madden 360 was a major disappointment, no question. I maintain that it wasn't the complete disaster some would have us believe it was.
Old 08-01-2006, 10:11 AM   #13
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
I disagree. Madden 360 was a major disappointment, no question. I maintain that it wasn't the complete disaster some would have us believe it was.
I agree. Some cats blow it way outta proportion like the game was quarterback club or somthing. It was definatly a let down, but some cats blow it up waaaay too much.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 08-01-2006, 10:29 AM   #14
MVP

tanis38's Arena

OVR: 9

As long as we're still on the subject of 06. I was playing a game of 06 yesterday (I'm telling you, I have the NFL football bug - damn you NFL network - and I have to play a football game) and one thing that REALLY pissed me off about it was how many yards you would lose because of bad collision detection or animations you can't stop.

In the short game I played I had about five plays in which I lost lots of yards in a very unrealistic fashion. In one running play, I was sweeping to the left and then did a spin to the inside to avoid a defender, I ended up spinning into one of my linemen and I got "pushed" in the wrong direct and the animation then had me running towards my own endzone. Throw in the tackle animation and I lost about 6 yards on that play.

And I had a bunch of passes in which the receiver's catching animation has them running back towards the line of scrimmage instead of catching it and turning up field. Again, these plays result in a gain of 2 yards on what should have been a 8+ yard play.

I definitely hope this is fixed for 07.
Old 08-01-2006, 10:29 AM   #15
MVP

Badgun's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Funny thing, the same people that hated Madden 360 are now praising NCAA 07 as pure gaming nirvana. Same engine, same menus, pretty much the same playbooks, same floaty feel, and the same collision detection problems. Why is that?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2006, 10:30 AM   #16
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgun
Funny thing, the same people that hated Madden 360 are now praising NCAA 07 as pure gaming nirvana. Same engine, same menus, pretty much the same playbooks, same floaty feel, and the same collision detection problems. Why is that?
No clue what game you played, not in my NCAA 07 for the 360.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »