Home

I have been playing Madden 360 recently

This is a discussion on I have been playing Madden 360 recently within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2006, 11:12 AM   #41
MVP

Badgun's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: I have been playing Madden 360 recently

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
If I'm thinking of the same animation (defender comes from the qb's left side, goes into a tackle animation while still a couple of feet away and sacks the qb w/o ever touching him), to say that it always results in a fumble is simply not true. In my experience to date I can't recall a single instance where my qb (Kevin Kolb or Bardy Quinn) coughed it up under those circumstances.

Curious.
Well, maybe it doesn't happen EVERY single time, but I would say for me anyway that a good 85% of these sacks result in fumbles.

The bigger question that you should be asking is should it even be a sack at all?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2006, 11:14 AM   #42
MVP

Badgun's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
I just looked, don't see a single game played for Madden 07.
You know we're talking about NCAA here Scott, don't be foolish. But we already know that Madden is the EXACT same engine and feel as NCAA. Why would the game turn out any different?
Old 08-01-2006, 11:16 AM   #43
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgun
Well, maybe it doesn't happen EVERY single time, but I would say for me anyway that a good 85% of these sacks result in fumbles.

The bigger question that you should be asking is should it even be a sack at all?
Absolutely not. I'm not saying NCAA doesn't have issues, some of them serious (such as the occasionally dreadful collision detection). It's just that to me, the overall gameplay is good enough that I'm willing to overlook the flaws.
Old 08-01-2006, 11:17 AM   #44
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Quote:
You know we're talking about NCAA here Scott, don't be foolish. But we already know that Madden is the EXACT same engine and feel as NCAA. Why would the game turn out any different?
No we don't, I haven't played Madden 07, you obviously have with all your bad mouthing of it.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 08-01-2006, 11:18 AM   #45
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Absolutely not. I'm not saying NCAA doesn't have issues, some of them serious (such as the occasionally dreadful collision detection). It's just that to me, the overall gameplay is good enough that I'm willing to overlook the flaws.
Bottom line, no game is perfect, no game ever will be. Even if it was perfect, people will still find faults. Games are fun for me, nothing more. I know going in it won't be perfect and have a fun time playing them. I think to many people forget that.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2006, 11:21 AM   #46
MVP

Badgun's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTheInfinite
I agree with you because I do think alot of guys see it that way. I have done it myself. You give flaws a pass because you like the game just like anything. Women, games, cars, music, sports. I guess thats how things are. I cant say Ive seen it happen EVERY single game tho. I guess Im just lucky,lol.
I'm not saying the phantom sacks happen every game, but I guarantee you that if you start looking closely, you will see collision detection problems in every game that cost you points. Just like my game against Kansas State. I'm down 19-14 and I'm trying to shut them down and get the ball back and score the winning TD. On 3rd and 4, they call a running play up the middle. The halfback goes into the line and was completely surrounded by my entire defensive line. He should have been stuffed for no gain, but somehow through the miracle of EA collision detection, he executes a spin move and when he finishes spinning, he came out of the pile and ran 78 yards for a TD. I went back and watched the replay and he literally emerged though my 300 lb defensive tackle's chest. I will post that screenshot when I figure out how to get them up.
Old 08-01-2006, 11:21 AM   #47
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
While I agree that its the same engine and will contain some of the same flaws such as the random loss of yardage due to a bad animation, but I dont think we'll be seeing phantom tackles like NCAA. Everyone whos played Madden has even said it plays even tighter than NCAA.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 08-01-2006, 11:22 AM   #48
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

Quote:
I'm not saying the phantom sacks happen every game, but I guarantee you that if you start looking closely, you will see collision detection problems in every game that cost you points. Just like my game against Kansas State. I'm down 19-14 and I'm trying to shut them down and get the ball back and score the winning TD. On 3rd and 4, they call a running play up the middle. The halfback goes into the line and was completely surrounded by my entire defensive line. He should have been stuffed for no gain, but somehow through the miracle of EA collision detection, he executes a spin move and when he finishes spinning, he came out of the pile and ran 78 yards for a TD. I went back and watched the replay and he literally emerged though my 300 lb defensive tackle's chest. I will post that screenshot when I figure out how to get them up.
Now you're backtracking, before they happened every game, now they don't. Hmm

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »