Home

8-2-06:New Madden Video..Reggie Bush

This is a discussion on 8-2-06:New Madden Video..Reggie Bush within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2006, 09:25 AM   #25
DickDalewood

OVR:
Re: 8-2-06:New Madden Video..Reggie Bush

How do people get so upset over seeing a huge run or a long bomb in a HIGHLIGHT VIDEO???

Do you guys watch ESPN and think the NFL has been programmed with too much cheese because ESPN only shows highlights??

"Larry Johnson scored 4 touchdowns?!?!? Come on NFL, can't you give us a realistic sim experience!?!?"

This boggles my mind...

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2006, 09:47 AM   #26
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by USF11
Alright when michael bennett is doing it to ya Ill just laugh.
Alright cool... Because that could never happen with bennet in real life.
Old 08-03-2006, 09:56 AM   #27
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I don't know where you are coming up with this. Different running styles = game play. That means every back is different and has to be used differently. That means some backs will run tosses better than others. Some backs are better straight ahead inside runners. Now how is that fluff according to us? We've wanted that all along. Like I said, Create a fan, Create a sign, stuff like that is fluff.

You're giving these new running styles way to much credit than it may be implemented in the game. Some backs have always ran better tosses than others, etc. They all use the same botton scheme they simply have varied animations. It does add to the gameplay but not the way you're describing it.
Old 08-03-2006, 10:04 AM   #28
MVP

OVR: 14

Also, (If you really want to get into it) did you notice that all of the defenders were practically sealed off(The tight end even got up to the safety), and that Bush only ran like a total of 3 yards back at an angle to outrun a freakin' defensive end? I think you would see the same result with any speedy RB under those circumstances.

[qoute]Alright when michael bennett is doing it to ya Ill just laugh.[/quote]
That's cool because it's also pretty funny that you HATE a game that you've never even played.
Old 08-03-2006, 10:10 AM   #29
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
You're giving these new running styles way to much credit than it may be implemented in the game. Some backs have always ran better tosses than others, etc. They all use the same botton scheme they simply have varied animations. It does add to the gameplay but not the way you're describing it.

I never said to what degree it will do all of that. I'm just saying it points in that direction. Definately not giving too much credit for the running styles. Not going to reduce it to fluff like DJ is implying that we would do. But at the same time I'm not saying it radically changes the game either.
Old 08-03-2006, 10:28 AM   #30
Rookie

cheddabob7502's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Lemme say this. Yes Im giving this credit b/c credit is due. THis is the first time in a F-ball game we are actually seeing the REAL Athletes being duplicated in a game in that specific way. I mean comeon you know it makes you smile watching and picking different running backs apart. Before you know it everyone will be different. Its a step in the right direction and can only get better. Little by little we will see more and more of this. Same thing is goin on in B-Ball so wat your saying is that we shouldn't give EA/2k credit for having specific player animations when playing the game?
Old 08-03-2006, 10:34 AM   #31
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheddabob7502
Lemme say this. Yes Im giving this credit b/c credit is due. THis is the first time in a F-ball game we are actually seeing the REAL Athletes being duplicated in a game in that specific way. I mean comeon you know it makes you smile watching and picking different running backs apart. Before you know it everyone will be different. Its a step in the right direction and can only get better. Little by little we will see more and more of this. Same thing is goin on in B-Ball so wat your saying is that we shouldn't give EA/2k credit for having specific player animations when playing the game?

Hey, I'd be the first to say that I love these 'little things'. The more animations the better. But will this have some major impact on the running game? I doubt it. It'll will just make the game more authentic looking. No complaints from me. My last post stemed from what LB was saying. He made it seem as if these new running animations will make you adjust to how you use your backs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2006, 10:45 AM   #32
Rookie

cheddabob7502's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Hey, I'd be the first to say that I love these 'little things'. The more animations the better. But will this have some major impact on the running game? I doubt it. It'll will just make the game more authentic looking. No complaints from me. My last post stemed from what LB was saying. He made it seem as if these new running animations will make you adjust to how you use your backs.
I understand where your coming from. But I to love the little things as well. But maybe it might or might not have an affect on gameplay. I hope it does by specific moves and jukes...but we will have to see on that one. I think the more indiviualism in these games we see will have an affect on the gameplay eventually. Ex. Throwing mechanics might become an attribute in the near future as to unorthodox throwing or...you get the point.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »