Home

Play of the Day, Packers/Bears

This is a discussion on Play of the Day, Packers/Bears within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2006, 10:16 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Play of the Day, Packers/Bears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
Agreed. It actually looks worse than NCAA football, not that NCAA football is bad. But to me it seems just like current gen; Madden won't be as fun as NCAA.

Oh and just to nitpick, I don't think they ever even looked at the Bears jerseys. That numbering is brutal. Not feeling any buzz for this one.

Jistic, I can't seem to download the video. Based on your comments regarding the Bears numbering you've confirmed my fear that they did not fix how they were in Madden 06, as the white part of the font was too thick and you could barely see the orange trim around it. What a shame. Not a gamekiller by anymeans but something that drove me nuts last year. Oh well.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:20 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 21

It just looks so incredibly dull, IMO.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:21 PM   #11
Banned

AirLobo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman
Jistic, I can't seem to download the video. Based on your comments regarding the Bears numbering you've confirmed my fear that they did not fix how they were in Madden 06, as the white part of the font was too thick and you could barely see the orange trim around it. What a shame. Not a gamekiller by anymeans but something that drove me nuts last year. Oh well.

The video looks great, and yes you can clearly see the orange outline around the white numbers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2006, 10:23 PM   #12
D*lph*ns m*k* m* cry

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
Agreed. It actually looks worse than NCAA football, not that NCAA football is bad. But to me it seems just like current gen; Madden won't be as fun as NCAA.

Oh and just to nitpick, I don't think they ever even looked at the Bears jerseys. That numbering is brutal. Not feeling any buzz for this one.
I hated all the pre release videos of Ncaa, and thought I would not like it for the 360.I was very close to cancelling my pre order and getting it for current generation.

Well, I am glad I got the 360 version.

My lesson,don't get worked up by videos of two morons playing a game.Wait until the game is in your hands and you are playing it.

Remember, Madden is basically NCAA with some refinements and polished gameplay.They are both using the same engine.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:26 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirLobo23
The video looks great, and yes you can clearly see the orange outline around the white numbers.
yeah it must be the angle. when they show the Oline, you can see it. but when they show Rex, its not apparent on the shoulder area/
Old 08-02-2006, 10:31 PM   #14
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
The white is too thick though. I don't know if this makes sense, but the numbers are too fat. It just doesn't look like the Bears jersey. As Gman said not a game killer by any means, but they fixed other uni's this year.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:33 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Thanks, that's encouraging. I'm still trying to download....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2006, 10:35 PM   #16
All Star

OVR: 21

I really like the snow effect/night game look - looks great. Let's see... cold enough to snow at night in Chicago, yet most of the fans and the people on the sidelines are in short sleeves. Looks funny lol. Also check out Packers #27's reaction on the fake FG around 4:10 mark - that's about as dumbfounded I've seen a computer player ever look in a game. He stopped not once, but twice.

So many possibilities and power available with in these next gen systems, and apparently Tiburon doesn't know how to use it. It's sad because of what they've done graphically you can see potential in the game. But they're concentrating on the wrong things imo; same old song. Lateral movement looks ridiculous; defense appears to be an afterthought - again. Looks pitifully easy to get outside the pocket, even with the QB doing that slow, weird "I'm ready to throw" movement. Then again, perhaps the game will play better on the higher levels. They definitely need more gameplay tuning options

Last edited by spankdatazz22; 08-02-2006 at 10:37 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »