Home

Old 08-03-2006, 11:13 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: 8/3 POTD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
Watching these videos in my mind im like "Damn something is missing".....

Maybe commenatator, presentation, excitetment, they need to fix that..i'm not going say "next year" cause I have been saying that for awhile It also lacks anything that scream next gen football engine, nothing stands out as wow this couldn't have been done on xbox or something besides the sharp visuals.
Old 08-04-2006, 12:20 AM   #10
Pro

Super Glock's Arena

OVR: 10

I like what I see
Old 08-04-2006, 12:30 AM   #11
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

I've kind of started to alter my mindset to simply accept the game for what it is--like, no great TV presentation for starters. And once I do that, I can focus on the positives.

And one BIG positive, to me, was the OL blocking. I mean, I love 2K, but I remember there were times when the OT's would simply watch the DE's run around and sack their QB. In this video, we see a defender rushing in fast, and then the OT or OG notices him, and comes in and saves his QB at the last moment. I really am not sure if I've seen that in a football video game before. Very nice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2006, 01:07 AM   #12

OVR: 34

I like the player chatter, but just in that few minutes, I heard things repeated. Also, I could actually get into the radio announcer if he said more after plays and had someone else with him.

The gameplay looks ok. Looks like running will be nice.

I really think this is going to be a fun game.
Old 08-04-2006, 10:48 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

The player models remind me of NFL Fever. I never new that Tom Brady had biceps that would rival Hulk Hogan's.
Old 08-04-2006, 11:15 AM   #14
Pro

kapo's Arena

OVR: 6

I have a feeling that player chatter is going to get real old real fast. I really hate the audio quality of the radio announcer, it just sounds so awful. And yet he has ten times more emotion than madden and michaels ever had. I would like him more if he just spoke more often.

The gameplay looks like more of the same to me, i guess i've just gotten used to ncaa 07 now. The lead blocking looks pretty cool, hope they show them switching back to the runningback more in the next potd.
Old 08-04-2006, 12:00 PM   #15
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Outstanding, some of the best gameplay vids IGN has ever posted. It's amazing how much better a game looks when J-Rob isn't the one playing it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2006, 12:11 PM   #16
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Who said that he wasn't playing it?

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »