Home

Madden NFL 07 On The Field Interview (gametrailers.com)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 07 On The Field Interview (gametrailers.com) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-08-2006, 08:46 AM   #17

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 07 On The Field Interview (gametrailers.com)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Other than the ridiculous cannon sound I think the game looks really good. I am still holding hope that we will be able to turn it off. I wish I knew who was responsible for coming up with the idea for that so I could send them footage of what happens in real life when someone catches a deep pass.
The thing is on this video where the cannon shot is used the first time the DB tackles the receiver simply by running in place against the receiver. It's awful to look at. Looks like the player collision will be just like NCAA (lousy).

I'm so mixed up about this game. Everything does look nice as far as clarity and player/stadium detail. It's the in-game stuff that's sometimes lacking. I'm sure it'll be fun to play, but for me the players and their physical interaction is key to making the game have an overall feel of football.

It's almost as if all things external are being addressed, while the core of the game is still broken.
Old 08-08-2006, 09:13 AM   #18
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
I wish I knew who was responsible for coming up with the idea for that so I could send them footage of what happens in real life when someone catches a deep pass.
It's troubling that someone suggested it in the first place, but more troubling is that it likely took a consensus to approve adding it to the game. Completely neglecting making balanced improvements on the defensive side of the ball is also pretty appalling. Everytime I see one of those highlight vids showing Joe the average fullback or Jim the average lineman laying out a defensive player, I realize they're focusing too much on the attention-deficit kiddie demo
Old 08-08-2006, 09:58 AM   #19
Pro

FocusYoMindOnDis's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaNNyT
I like the part where he says, "we try to make it feel like an authentic NFL experience", right afterwards you hear the cannon sound on a deep pass. Contradictory much?

EDIT: I guess I wasn't the only one to notice.

It reminds me of Double Dribble when u would launch the long three....remember that?
Old 08-08-2006, 10:01 AM   #20

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by FocusYoMindOnDis
It reminds me of Double Dribble when u would launch the long three....remember that?
lol..Double Dribble did have some nice cutscenes.
Old 08-08-2006, 10:15 AM   #21
MVP

tanis38's Arena

OVR: 9

Some design choices just boggle the mind. The aforementioned "cannon" sound on deep passes for example. Also, every video I have seen where the offense goes no-huddle, you see the exact same scene/animation of the QB running up to the line. Do the developers not play the game? Do they not notice how annoying that is?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2006, 10:21 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 16

"You will see different variations of the crowd"

**2 seconds later you see the crowd doing the same jumping out their seats animation**....lolol...wtf

Man I don't care how many pologons their pushing..WHY DO YOU STILL HAVE THE PLAYERS ON THE SIDELINES WEARING HELMENTS?

"We also have a New JuboTron/Crowd interaction....WE NEVER DONE THAT BEFORE"......YALL DID THAT **** LAST YEAR!!!!!!!!...The hell is going on?

"When they see polomalus hair floating...They expect to see that..When they don't see that they say something is missing...When they do see it they know the game is authentic."

You nerdy mfer I expect to see gang tackles and hand towels and the game and I still don't see it....SO THE GAME ISN'T AUTHENTIC!

LOLOLOLL @ THE PRESENTATION COMMENT....PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Old 08-08-2006, 10:38 AM   #23
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

The running game appears to be slower than NCAA which I like. The graphics are looking great. Love the clean, crisp feel to it.

Some things I dont like for one is the push tackle at the beggining of the vid which I few ppl have already mentioned. That was super weak. I did'nt like the fact that my man highstepped with 3 defenders trailing him and he moved at the same speed he was when he was running. That happened twice in this vid. And low and behold, the damn QB drop back will never cease to exsist.

Besides that, I seriously think a few of these guys have never watched a football game ever.
Old 08-08-2006, 11:15 AM   #24
Pro

OVR: 7

Guys, I'm sticking with current gen for another year because next gen doesn't have all the features I want yet but had to jump in at the comments in this post that literally had me laughing out loud!!!

You guys rule.

-------------------
"When they see polomalus hair floating...They expect to see that..When they don't see that they say something is missing...When they do see it they know the game is authentic."

You nerdy mfer I expect to see gang tackles and hand towels and the game and I still don't see it....SO THE GAME ISN'T AUTHENTIC!
--------------------
"One of the things we feel we want to do is obviously give people an authentic feel for the NFL."

Right after the guys makes that statement, they show the long pass with the cannon sound.
--------------------
It's great that Polamalu's hair will flow realistically. That's how I know it will be a realistic football experience for me.
---------------------
The guy who does the player models looks like he should be on that show queer eye for the straight guy. He is worried about making players have hair that flows. He also likes giving players the roid look. Then David Ortiz thinks the players look sexy. Oh. yeah.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »