Home

Will the lead block pancaking be a game killer for you?

This is a discussion on Will the lead block pancaking be a game killer for you? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2006, 12:25 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 12
Will the lead block pancaking be a game killer for you?

Most blocks don't destroy defenders, putting them on their back..Yet, every lead blocker seems to knockdown the player they are blocking regardless of size & power..It's the point I don't even want to use it, if my 2nd string FB can lay out Ray lewis everytime he gears up for a lead block.. I guess EA thinks this is fun..

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
headphones: Balanced Sony SA5000/Sen 650 AKG 340
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2006, 01:00 AM   #2
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Will the lead block pancaking be a game killer for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolbubbaice
Most blocks don't destroy defenders, putting them on their back..Yet, every lead blocker seems to knockdown the player they are blocking regardless of size & power..It's the point I don't even want to use it, if my 2nd string FB can lay out Ray lewis everytime he gears up for a lead block.. I guess EA thinks this is fun..
To be fair, I think that all these videos we've been seeing of the Lead Blocker feature have been played on much lower difficulty levels than what we on this board would be playing it on. If anything, I worry about it going the other way, where the defenders knock the blocker back.

It's shown that way to appeal to the crowd that would say "Whooooaaa, I just knocked Ray Lewis on his @$$. That was cool!!"

Not for us...
Old 08-09-2006, 02:44 AM   #3
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Before we label it a gamekiller, I think we should actually see how it's implemented in the actual production release of the game.

My fear is and has been that like most EA features like this,it's overdone the first year, but we'll have to see.
Old 08-09-2006, 08:24 AM   #4
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
My fear is and has been that like most EA features like this,it's overdone the first year, but we'll have to see.
I just don't understand why they don't think balance. You add something for the offense, you should be thinking to add something to counter it on defense. Giving the defense the ability to use their hands to shed blocks (or various options) would've added a lot to the fun of playing defense. Perhaps they did; guess we'll have to wait to get our hands on the game. But this is one that really smells like they deliberately thought "we'll add that next year".

If they thought about it at all lol
Old 08-09-2006, 08:37 AM   #5

OVR: 34

Every year, Madden has a theme. This year, it's
run to daylight." From what I've seen, it looks to be difficult at first. It seems getting your blocker to actuall run block may take some learning. after that, it may be too over the top.

What I have noticed is the actual running backs having a tad more strength. That's my concern, 150yds plus a game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2006, 08:47 AM   #6
MVP

cable guy's Arena

Quote:
If my 2nd string FB can lay out Ray Lewis everytime?... It wouldn't be a game killer, but it would hurt my overall opinion of the game. But yeah, it would kind of suck.
Old 08-09-2006, 08:51 AM   #7
MVP

cable guy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
I just don't understand why they don't think balance. You add something for the offense, you should be thinking to add something to counter it on defense. Giving the defense the ability to use their hands to shed blocks (or various options) would've added a lot to the fun of playing defense. Perhaps they did; guess we'll have to wait to get our hands on the game. But this is one that really smells like they deliberately thought "we'll add that next year".
Yeah, unfortunately that's bussiness.

Defense will get a revamp next year.
Old 08-09-2006, 08:55 AM   #8
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by cable guy
Yeah, unfortunately that's bussiness.

Defense will get a revamp next year.
I agree w/you, but that's what makes them come off as lazy imo. And we're giving them the credit of having already thought of this; it's possible adding something to the defense didn't even occur to them (sad as it sounds). Pared touched on it in another thread - just another thing that makes them look bad.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »