Home

PC question, about new ratings

This is a discussion on PC question, about new ratings within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2006, 01:20 AM   #1
rrr
Rookie

OVR: 1
PC question, about new ratings

does anyone know if the pc version will get all the new ratings like elusiveness and spin ratings????
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2006, 03:55 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: PC question, about new ratings

The PC version should be identical to the XBOX version. It has been like that for some time now so I doubt they are making the PC version anything special.
Old 08-12-2006, 09:58 AM   #3
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

This year it should be the same as the Xbox for features.

I've been saying now for a while that 08 PC will be based on the next gen engine but i'm beginning to think maybe EA aren't done with the PC's current engine. No reason in particular, just a new theory that has popped into my head. This sounds bad but it might actually be a good thing.

The Xbox and PS2 are at their end of life due to hardware limitations but the PC is powering forward as usual. EA have appointed a new team for 07 PC:

http://www.headgatestudios.com/

These guys are PC veterans. They probably have the skill to take the current engine and add the new ratings (not viable on the Xbox/PS2 due to memory constraints), import the Xbox 360 stadium and player models/textures, import the animations, enhance the physics etc. While EA typically merge their PC games over to new engines a year or two after the consoles it might actually be easier this time to simply let true PC game programmers have at the current engine and go their own way.
Old 08-12-2006, 01:21 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 14

Totally agree. Let the PC version have an identity of thier own rather than following what the current gen produce.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »