Home

Ps2 version outselling 360 (amazon.com)

This is a discussion on Ps2 version outselling 360 (amazon.com) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2006, 07:49 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28
Ps2 version outselling 360 (amazon.com)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...=operasport-20

From a business stand point I find it amazing they still continue to build. I dont see a reason for them to make the excuse " its more expensive to make games as the years go on", when in reality, they are selling more and more games every year. maybe since they are only "breaking even" now, they still want that true profit.. i really dont know. but

If this trend continues, i dont see true innovation on the nextgen. only until they shift total focus over will we see the best. the best is yet to come, it seems.
btw, Madden 07 is #3 in Xbox catergory
#7 in GC
#8 in PSP
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2006, 07:53 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: Ps2 version outselling 360 (amazon.com)

It makes perfect sense that the PS2 version is outselling every other version on the market. There's only a few hundred thousand dumptruck loads more of the system out there compared to everything else.
Old 08-14-2006, 07:54 PM   #3
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRBoom
It makes perfect sense that the PS2 version is outselling every other version on the market. There's only a few hundred thousand dumptruck loads more of the system out there compared to everything else.
basically....theres probably a 10:1 ratio of PS2's to 360's
Old 08-14-2006, 07:56 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

well i dont think its just that.. some gamers feel they havent given us a reason to drop 400 bucks and buy nextgen.. maybe its a comfort thing, but there still catering to current gen when those resources could obviously move to where we think its more important in next gen
Old 08-14-2006, 07:58 PM   #5
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas
well i dont think its just that.. some gamers feel they havent given us a reason to drop 400 bucks and buy nextgen.. maybe its a comfort thing, but there still catering to current gen when those resources could obviously move to where we think its more important in next gen
Mainly because these "some gamers" haven't played a 360 or don't want to because it's not Sony.
In any case it's should be a given current gen will outsell next gen just by the shear numbers of each system in the homes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2006, 07:59 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
basically....theres probably a 10:1 ratio of PS2's to 360's
so with 360 version on the top of that list too with less units, the figures are a bit skewwed. that seems like a huge positive for those selfish like myself and want all resources on the system with the most promise
Old 08-14-2006, 08:01 PM   #7
All Star

OVR: 20

I went into Gamestop about a week ago and asked about reserving Madden. I asked, "Should reserve the PS2 version?". The response? "The PS2 version is already outselling the 360 version, probably by more than double".

And reuben, you're more than likely right about that innovation stuff. Good thing I kept the good ol' PS2 (but not my X-Box, dammit).
Old 08-14-2006, 08:26 PM   #8
Pro

Badboy49er's Arena

OVR: 14

ok, you guys can talk innovation, features....blah blah blah ...
Im sorry there are over 100 million PS2's out there, maybe 5 million 360's ...do the math ok.

Thats like when the PS3 comes out in November, and the 360 Madden presumably outsells the PS3 version, do you really think its because its more innovative, or any feature ...or anything like that? No it'll be because the 360 has wayyyyy more units on the shelf when the PS3 launches. simple as that.

I mean should all of this really surprise anyone?? If it does...wow

Last edited by Badboy49er; 08-14-2006 at 09:55 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »