Home

Refs missing from Madden 07?

This is a discussion on Refs missing from Madden 07? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2006, 01:46 PM   #9
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Refs missing from Madden 07?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemieux66
LAZY?

Well, I guess if you refer to the definition of lazy "moving slowly and gently" then you probably are correct.

When you look at a quality in business or life for that matter, there really are three stocks that you need to consider
1. Quality of the product
2. Speed in how fast the product is delivered
3. Cost of the product

Why I say this is because, 99% of the time, you you need to sacrifice 1 to feed the other two.

They have a 1 year cycle and that hasn't changed in years for them. They churn out a new version every August. So the time is set. Now the quality could be measured in many ways. If you want to ref in the game, and the chain gang, one of two things could need to change...

1. Timeline. they would need more time with teh resources they have to add this feature in.
2. Cost. They would charge $5-15 more for the title to have more people on staff to develop this.

They have focused more, it would seem, on having minigames and other pieces to teh game to improve the lasting appeal of the title. From their market research, they believe that is the direction to go. Now if having the chain gang an refs (don't get me wrong here, I love them too) in the game, visit EAsports.com and send in your feedback. If they don't here, thet don't necessarily know (or so the business men say)

What would you do?

I don't really think COST is the deciding factor here. If they charged us poor souls $5-10 more for teh title, the quality could, but probably

lol, who fed you corporate cereal?

charging $5-10 more for a title simply because they did what they should have? It would take EA what, a week at the most to do what the guy wants?

Old 08-16-2006, 02:55 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

I really do not want to kill a dead horse here, but it is a video game representation of football... and it sounds like it will be a fairly emersive (lots of options) at that.
They could listen to us at OS more and incorporate some of the features we would like to see come back or create, but they are just happening. Could it be we aren't getting teh message there loud enough, could their market research be looking at a different arcade profiler? WHo knows. There could ba 1000000 reasons.

One thing we do know is that there is no chain gang. If this is a game killer, the best way is to put your $ where you moth is and not buy the game.

Since that is probably not the best solution, it is fine to complain, vent and debate even, but I would hesitate in choosing the word lazy. I would call it something else, just not lazy.
Old 08-16-2006, 03:48 PM   #11
MVP

reverend_heat's Arena

OVR: 6

Of course there are no refs on the field, EA's motto is "If it's in the game, it's in the game" and as we all know in real life NFL games referees are invisible during play, only one defender is allowed to tackle the ball carrier, and there is never a pre-game, half-time, post-game, or Super Bowl/playoff celebration/show of any kind.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2006, 03:52 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

You guys are like 5 year olds. They have a fatigue glitch and your worried about the Refs not being seen lol.

I can see it now the guy who started this thread tells EA hey the refs are not on the field.

Ea replies let me look into it. Ok we have looked into it and added it for our next XBL patch.

Then a week later guy is in here complaining about how sometimes when he throws over the middle the ball hits the REF
Old 08-16-2006, 04:00 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike75
Why are the refs missing from this years Madden?

With these next gen systems and all I am really shocked.
lol, with the frequency of penalties called on next-gen Madden it doesn't surprise that they aren't even in on the play. They're useless anyways, at least for the week that I actually did play madden next-gen I was getting no penalties.

Old 08-16-2006, 04:10 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 8

Complete & utter joke.

Every year its 3 steps forward, 8 steps back.

At least the ref won't screen me when I'm the FS & trying to step up to make a play on a runner or ball in the air.

Is the glass 1/2 full or 1/2 empty? In EA's case its 50% empty & 50% filled with bull****.
Old 08-16-2006, 04:21 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjashadow80
You guys are like 5 year olds. They have a fatigue glitch and your worried about the Refs not being seen lol.

I can see it now the guy who started this thread tells EA hey the refs are not on the field.

Ea replies let me look into it. Ok we have looked into it and added it for our next XBL patch.

Then a week later guy is in here complaining about how sometimes when he throws over the middle the ball hits the REF
Hmmm...when has EA ever patched a Madden game????
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2006, 01:59 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemieux66
LAZY?

Well, I guess if you refer to the definition of lazy "moving slowly and gently" then you probably are correct.

When you look at a quality in business or life for that matter, there really are three stocks that you need to consider
1. Quality of the product
2. Speed in how fast the product is delivered
3. Cost of the product

Why I say this is because, 99% of the time, you you need to sacrifice 1 to feed the other two.

They have a 1 year cycle and that hasn't changed in years for them. They churn out a new version every August. So the time is set. Now the quality could be measured in many ways. If you want to ref in the game, and the chain gang, one of two things could need to change...

1. Timeline. they would need more time with teh resources they have to add this feature in.
2. Cost. They would charge $5-15 more for the title to have more people on staff to develop this.

They have focused more, it would seem, on having minigames and other pieces to teh game to improve the lasting appeal of the title. From their market research, they believe that is the direction to go. Now if having the chain gang an refs (don't get me wrong here, I love them too) in the game, visit EAsports.com and send in your feedback. If they don't here, thet don't necessarily know (or so the business men say)

What would you do?

I don't really think COST is the deciding factor here. If they charged us poor souls $5-10 more for teh title, the quality could, but probably
I think your real name is Bing Gordon.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »