Home

Refs missing from Madden 07?

This is a discussion on Refs missing from Madden 07? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2006, 08:02 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 19
Thumbs down Refs missing from Madden 07?

Why are the refs missing from this years Madden?

With these next gen systems and all I am really shocked.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2006, 08:06 PM   #2
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

Re: Refs missing from Madden 07?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike75

the last time i checked refs are in the game. and have the new uniforms

https://www.youtube.com/@B1g___Boned
Old 08-15-2006, 08:46 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMISSIONERHBK9
the last time i checked refs are in the game. and have the new uniforms
only in close ups. they are not on the field while the game is going on.
Old 08-15-2006, 08:59 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 17

they be added in soon. maybe next year. if you noticed the chain gang is missing also....
I am glad I got the Buell- I love riding it, I love the oddball looks I get on the road- I love people asking "What IS that thing?" I love flying into a corner WAY too hot, scared spitless and sure I'll never hold it at this speed- and hearing the bike whisper "Sissy!"...
Old 08-16-2006, 08:34 AM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike75

Can you say lazy. EA is and always has been very very lazy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2006, 08:51 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

LAZY?

Well, I guess if you refer to the definition of lazy "moving slowly and gently" then you probably are correct.

When you look at a quality in business or life for that matter, there really are three stocks that you need to consider
1. Quality of the product
2. Speed in how fast the product is delivered
3. Cost of the product

Why I say this is because, 99% of the time, you you need to sacrifice 1 to feed the other two.

They have a 1 year cycle and that hasn't changed in years for them. They churn out a new version every August. So the time is set. Now the quality could be measured in many ways. If you want to ref in the game, and the chain gang, one of two things could need to change...

1. Timeline. they would need more time with teh resources they have to add this feature in.
2. Cost. They would charge $5-15 more for the title to have more people on staff to develop this.

They have focused more, it would seem, on having minigames and other pieces to teh game to improve the lasting appeal of the title. From their market research, they believe that is the direction to go. Now if having the chain gang an refs (don't get me wrong here, I love them too) in the game, visit EAsports.com and send in your feedback. If they don't here, thet don't necessarily know (or so the business men say)

What would you do?

I don't really think COST is the deciding factor here. If they charged us poor souls $5-10 more for teh title, the quality could, but probably
Old 08-16-2006, 01:16 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemieux66
LAZY?

Well, I guess if you refer to the definition of lazy "moving slowly and gently" then you probably are correct.

When you look at a quality in business or life for that matter, there really are three stocks that you need to consider
1. Quality of the product
2. Speed in how fast the product is delivered
3. Cost of the product

Why I say this is because, 99% of the time, you you need to sacrifice 1 to feed the other two.

They have a 1 year cycle and that hasn't changed in years for them. They churn out a new version every August. So the time is set. Now the quality could be measured in many ways. If you want to ref in the game, and the chain gang, one of two things could need to change...

1. Timeline. they would need more time with teh resources they have to add this feature in.
2. Cost. They would charge $5-15 more for the title to have more people on staff to develop this.

They have focused more, it would seem, on having minigames and other pieces to teh game to improve the lasting appeal of the title. From their market research, they believe that is the direction to go. Now if having the chain gang an refs (don't get me wrong here, I love them too) in the game, visit EAsports.com and send in your feedback. If they don't here, thet don't necessarily know (or so the business men say)

What would you do?

I don't really think COST is the deciding factor here. If they charged us poor souls $5-10 more for teh title, the quality could, but probably

Buddy Madden has been out for 17 YEARS. If you have ever known anyone who works for EA... forget it. I just think that after 17 YEARS we should have refs on the field and NO money plays. It seems like every year it's like EA is learning to walk again.
Old 08-16-2006, 01:36 PM   #8
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrandon
Buddy Madden has been out for 17 YEARS. If you have ever known anyone who works for EA... forget it. I just think that after 17 YEARS we should have refs on the field and NO money plays. It seems like every year it's like EA is learning to walk again.
Word!

And with so many of the same issues finding their way into the 360 title, it's apparent that "rebuilding" the game was a bit misleading.

I wouldn't say they're lazy. Their priorities are just not in line with most of the OS community. There's new stuff in the game, hust not the stuff we've been asking for for the past 4 years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »