Home

EA's Response to Hall of Famers showing up in Franchise/Superstar Mode (XBox 360)

This is a discussion on EA's Response to Hall of Famers showing up in Franchise/Superstar Mode (XBox 360) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2006, 09:01 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69
EA's Response to Hall of Famers showing up in Franchise/Superstar Mode (XBox 360)

Folks,

Incase some of you might've missed it, this post has pretty much been lost in the other thread. This is what Shawn Drotar posted yesterday...
Quote:
I've received a response directly from the Madden team.

Apparently, the people who told me that HOFers were not going to be added to Superstar/Franchise rosters at Community Day were "misinformed".

"...the (design) team wanted to give players the ability to use HOF players on current rosters. This is intentional."

This is the workaround recommended by the Madden team if "players do not want to use this feature":

"Hall of Fame players are added to the roster on boot-up and whenever you move up in Madden Gamer Level. In order to prevent these (players) from being on your Franchise team, you have the following options:

1) Save off the roster upon boot-up, and load once you are in-game and then head into Franchise mode.

2) Go online and get the latest roster and start a Franchise. This will also remove the players. Once you have started a Franchise, these players won't show up, as the roster is saved with the Franchise."

To add to that, if you already have a saved Profile with a Madden Gamer Level high enough to unlock HOFers immediately, I'd recommend copying it to a memory card, removing it from your hard drive (if applicable), and booting the game without it so it doesn't auto-load.

You'll have the default rosters (and the ability to load customized ones from memory) and bypass the MGL/HOF functionality. Then, after the Franchise/Superstar is saved, you could load your profile normally.

The above instructions should also apply to Superstar mode as well as Franchise.

Now, seeing as how quickly everyone jumped on EA here, I'd like to point out that their response regarding a workaround took only a few business hours after I called them yesterday, informing them of this and alerting them that I would post that evening in advance.

Thanks specifically go to Michael Johnson of EA, who worked after hours last night after we spoke and coordinated this workaround so quickly today, and the Madden design team for getting back to us and responding to the community's need for information.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2006, 09:06 AM   #2
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: EA's Response to Hall of Famers showing up in Franchise/Superstar Mode (XBox 360)

Great stuff Shawn. Did you ask thema bout Fatigue?
Old 08-17-2006, 09:10 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

Re: EA's Response to Hall of Famers showing up in Franchise/Superstar Mode (XBox 360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Great stuff Shawn. Did you ask thema bout Fatigue?
Shawn told us he was only communicating to them about the HoF problem. He hadn't yet discovered the fatigue issue when he began working on getting their explanation of the HoF'ers showing up.

Since PastaPadre and the guys at MM discovered it, maybe they are working on getting an explanation and/or workaround.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:11 AM   #4
MVP

erickonasis's Arena

OVR: 12

Thanks TJ for your answer in the other thread!
Old 08-17-2006, 09:12 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 62

Good CYA by EA there, but the HOFers appearing in dynasty mode never should've happened anyway without me going out of my way to put them there, not me going out of my way to avoid them being there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2006, 09:12 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickonasis
Thanks TJ for your answer in the other thread!
Not a problem.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:15 AM   #7
All Star

OVR: 21

"...the (design) team wanted to give players the ability to use HOF players on current rosters. This is intentional."

There's a lot of confusion right now, but I think they should've bitten the bitter pill and admitted it was a mistake. If it was intentional, it really makes them look more clueless than they already appear to be, given the many questionable design decisions they've made with the next generation game (shotgun sound anyone - and there's a ton more).

The workaround is inconvenient, but at least is a workable solution - or at least appears to be. Won't be for those that don't frequent gamesites, which are the majority of gamers purchasing the game. I can't help but think that although the majority probably won't be driven to taking some action, you'd think those less-informed folks would have quite a bit of frustration from having no [obvious] choice when they see Chuck Bednarik "rise from the dead" playing MLB for the Browns, as the mod who discovered the problem so aptly put it.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 08-17-2006, 09:24 AM   #8
Pro

Cj7298419's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22

There's a lot of confusion right now, but I think they should've bitten the bitter pill and admitted it was a mistake. If it was intentional, it really makes them look more clueless than they already appear to be, given the many questionable design decisions they've made with the next generation game (shotgun sound anyone - and there's a ton more).

The workaround is inconvenient, but at least is a workable solution - or at least appears to be. Won't be for those that don't frequent gamesites, which are the majority of gamers purchasing the game. I can't help but think that although the majority probably won't be driven to taking some action, you'd think those less-informed folks would have quite a bit of frustration from having no [obvious] choice when they see Chuck Bednarik "rise from the dead" playing MLB for the Browns, as the mod who discovered the problem so aptly put it.
Yeah i agree. I get the feeling that they don't want to admit they screwed up, so the next best thing is to make it seem like it was intentional.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »