Home

BREAKING NEWS: EA Update Coming!

This is a discussion on BREAKING NEWS: EA Update Coming! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2006, 10:39 PM   #73
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: BREAKING NEWS: EA Update Coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietcool72
Well, I'm glad EA is addressing this.

Cheers to all the sports gaming fansites on this one- particularly MaddenNation (for the discovery..and some pressure) and the guys here at OS for "pressure" too... as well as the guys at my site. (I wonder if Brian Ekberg at Gamespot hates my Consolesports.net crew yet for emailing him repeatedly today urging him to make a holy stink about this one on Gamespot Sports..!)

Heh...sorry BrianEk...

Good job community. The stink we all collectively raised made EA react and acknowledge the problem with unprecedented speed. I don't think I've ever seen EA react this fast.

Raise a glass, community... you guys are the best pro-bono playtesters EA never hired... but its all for the love of the game.

"Chug.."
ppl are still jumping the gun a bit.Ortiz says that Fatigue works already, it's just the green bar doesn't change to reflective how tired a player is..BUT, ppl who play the game say they STILL don't notice a difference when using the same player over & over again..So, EA might just fix the interface, & leave the fatigue problem unfixed..

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
headphones: Balanced Sony SA5000/Sen 650 AKG 340
Old 08-17-2006, 10:58 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolbubbaice
ppl are still jumping the gun a bit.Ortiz says that Fatigue works already, it's just the green bar doesn't change to reflective how tired a player is..BUT, ppl who play the game say they STILL don't notice a difference when using the same player over & over again..So, EA might just fix the interface, & leave the fatigue problem unfixed..
According to Big Papi II the "fatigue" factors into more fumbles and not a change in speed attributes so people not noticing any slowdown in speed after 4+ consecutive plays will probobly still be there after the patch comes out. So your probobly right, the interface will be fixed, but not have the effect that most people are expecting...

Let the bashing resume...
Old 08-17-2006, 11:05 PM   #75
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner
According to Big Papi II the "fatigue" factors into more fumbles and not a change in speed attributes so people not noticing any slowdown in speed after 4+ consecutive plays will probobly still be there after the patch comes out. So your probobly right, the interface will be fixed, but not have the effect that most people are expecting...

Let the bashing resume...
That won't make sense... They aren't going to be able to mask the issue by just fixing the (interface) bar levels to actually turn from green to yellow, etc. and players do not actually become fatigued because if there is an auto sub feature in the game, then the auto sub feature would essentially become worthless.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2006, 11:10 PM   #76
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24

I'm very happy to hear that they're fixing this. I'm glad they didn't just let it be. Good for them.

WebsiteFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt
Old 08-17-2006, 11:11 PM   #77
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20

Freakin eh.

Good stuff.
Old 08-17-2006, 11:12 PM   #78
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
That won't make sense... They aren't going to be able to mask the issue by just fixing the (interface) bar levels to actually turn from green to yellow, etc. and players do not actually become fatigued because if there is an auto sub feature in the game, then the auto sub feature would essentially become worthless.
And that's what I'm concerned about. The auto subs. But, if there is fatigue, regardless if players slow or not, auto subs should work based on the fatigue that is in the game... I hope. If so, I'm cool since I play mostly franchise games, and the CPU tends not to abuse anyone.

I'm still going to wait a day or 2 to see how it plays out.
Old 08-17-2006, 11:32 PM   #79
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24

http://joystiq.com/

"EA responds to Madden NFL 07 concerns

Posted Aug 17th 2006 10:20PM by Robert Summa
Filed under: Microsoft Xbox 360, Online, Sports, Business

There have been a couple issues pop up on the Internet recently regarding the 360 version of Madden NFL 07 (Aug. 22). Two different Madden fan sites have gotten copies of the final product and each voiced specific worries with what they were given. 1Up contacted EA and got their response to the problems addressed.

The first problem:

* Operation Sports claimed that Hall of Fame players started appearing on the rosters of other teams. While hardcore Madden fans don't seem to like this, that's how their inclusions is actually supposed to work. "It's working the way we intended it to," said Mr. Ortiz. "Whatever players you unlock, they are the players that will actually be available when you start the franchise mode. If you've already unlocked 10 Hall of Famers, they'll be available for players to sign... It's there for users to take advantage of." Mr. Ortiz recognized that this troubled some players, and mentioned that there is a in-game fix available, where players can save off the roster when they're booting up, and then proceeding to load it once they're in-game -- effectively eliminating the old-timers from the rosters.

Now the second:

* Madden Nation says that players weren't fatiguing at all. The initial posting stated they "broke like 3 tackles and laid on the turbo... he's not even in the yellow." (Players fatigue from green to yellow to red.) We asked Mr. Ortiz about this as well. "That's actually not the case. The UI isn't registering it... You fatigue at a lower pace than in the past, but it isn't reflected in the UI. [It's] Something we're addressing and fixing right now." He explained that this fix would be delivered in the way of a patch to the game for 360 users, but didn't have a specific date as to when it would be available. "Very soon. Around the release date," he said, adding "We don't just shove the fix out there. We don't want to slide [the balance] it too far in one direction."

So, EA is aware of these issues yet they feel it is OK to just wait to release a patch? While we're glad the 360 affords publishers the luxury to update or patch their product, they shouldn't be using it as a crutch to mend broken games that appear to be nothing but rushed products. For gamers spending $60 a pop on these things, it's not exactly fair to the loyal customer base to take advantage of them like this -- especially those not lucky enough to have broadband to fix the problems."

WebsiteFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt
Old 08-17-2006, 11:49 PM   #80
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
So you've played the games, and know which complaints are legit and which aren't?

You really believe you articulate your complaints without repeating yourself over and over?
Geez, it's a forum. We ALL comment on what we see. I think it goes without saying that it's IT'S OUR OPINIONS - there's no way I can state anything as fact if I obviously haven't touched the game. When I comment on something good or bad, it's my OPINION. I don't articulate my opinion any better or worse than anyone else imo. The person next to me has a right to believe what they believe just as I do. I just enjoy debating points, as long as a person is at least willing to have an adult/logical discussion. Too often it seems if someone is voicing a criticism it's totally dismissed as "EA hate". It's okay to talk about how sexy the player models look to infinity, but if you say the player interaction sucks too many times, you're hating.

This game (IN MY OPINION) had many issues before the HoF and fatigue issues cropped up. Those just made a shaky situation worse. I'm glad EA has acknowledged the fatigue issue, and has commented on the HoF issue in quick fashion. But it seems now some want to act like those were the game's only problems and that only praise should flow - and if you're not being thankful, you're being hateful. The one guy that has been posting in the impressions thread seems pretty unimpressed with the game. I'm still pretty sure I'll be purchasing it, so I'll see. But I don't see why it's a problem to comment on what I see/hear in the meantime, be it praise or criticism

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »