Home

BREAKING NEWS: EA Update Coming!

This is a discussion on BREAKING NEWS: EA Update Coming! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2006, 08:08 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: BREAKING NEWS: EA Update Coming!

time to buy XBL.. thanks EA for forcing me to buy this

in all seriousness.. good move.

I just got a xbox 360 from sams club and i didnt see anything about XBL. how does one download game demos and updates like this? is it free? do I need the gold package?? whats the silver package entail?

any help is appreciated
Old 08-17-2006, 08:10 PM   #34
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Now if you're posting post after post with the same complaint then that's another thing.
It's not the complaining that bothers me, it's the EA Excuse crews that whine about the complaints that rub me the wrong way.
I'm not part of the EA Crew anyway but how does say EA Sucks, or being negative in every post help?

Pro Sports: Falcons, Hawks
College Sports: Canes, Blue Devils

Are You A Gator *****?

Real Gator Haters Drink Powerade.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:11 PM   #35
Pro

Super Glock's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moostache
Truly good news....funny thing will be to watch the various forums for the relatively few number of replies to a "good news" thread versus a "this sucks, EA is SATAN" thread.

I have come to terms with that kind of mentality but it doesn't make it any less sad in the short term.

With a correct fatigue mechanic, this version of Madden will be a very enjoyable game for all 360 NFL fans. It won't be perfect by a long shot, but it will be miles better than the 2006 version. I am quite certain there are many people right now pulling some seriously long hours down at EA-Tiburon to get this patch into effect (whether or not it should have been caught in the first place is a bit irrelevant now), so kudos to them for responding to the needs of their product and their consumers in a timely manner.

Many people won't bother to say it, but I am grateful that those folks do in fact care enough about the quality of their product to make this effort. I never like to see glitches in a game, but if anything good can come of it maybe it is this : experience at developing patches for Madden. Maybe that will increase the likelihood of future patches to gameplay issues down the road...

Moos, I appreciate your threads. You are the voice of reason on this forum. Madden 07 is going to be a great game and I really appreciate EA responding like they have. Maybe sometimes complaining does gets things done like others have posted but we need to also give credit when credit is do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2006, 08:11 PM   #36
Pro

kapo's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas
time to buy XBL.. thanks EA for forcing me to buy this

in all seriousness.. good move.

I just got a xbox 360 from sams club and i didnt see anything about XBL. how does one download game demos and updates like this? is it free? do I need the gold package?? whats the silver package entail?

any help is appreciated
xbox live silver is free, and thats all you need to download patches and demos/game trailers. I think you can do everything except actually play games online against people.

As soon as ea releases the patch you will get a box telling you theres an update for the game soon as you load it up. The demos and trailers are found on the marketplace.

Last edited by kapo; 08-17-2006 at 08:15 PM.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:12 PM   #37
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
I agree. If no one pointed out the issues would EA (or any other developer) care to fix them?
Now if you're posting post after post with the same complaint then that's another thing.
It's not the complaining that bothers me, it's the EA Excuse crews that whine about the complaints that rub me the wrong way.
I agree as well. If the complaint is warranted (and even this can sometimes be subjective), I have no problems with people expressing their displeasure. EA and I'm sure other companies have admitted to reading the boards, so it's good that we let them know when we feel something is not right and praise them when we feel that a job was well done. Calling out the people who have expressed their discontent, especially for the two major issues at hand, is not necessary. Sometimes the squeeky wheel is necessary to get the grease.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:15 PM   #38
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

This is good news and I'm sure they will patch the HOF problem as well. Mistakes happen from every company and yes even the major things such as fatigue tend to slip thru the testing phase when they have a billion other areas to test as well. Overall, I would expect to see a patch in the next few weeks as it has to go thru Microsoft certification for Xbox Live correct? Still not an issue as long as it gets fixed soon.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:17 PM   #39
Pro

OVR: 5

I love how everybody is all happy that ea fixed a problem that should have never been there in the first place. Point is I will not bow down to "ea is here to save the day" crap when the bug should not have been there in the first place. While it is not as much of a game killer as the mlb 2k6 freeze issue, it still is pretty bad. Now I am not a 2k this or an ea that, I just want good friggin sports games no matter who makes it. They SHOULD fix it, if there is a spot on the menu that says fatigue and it doesn't move that is a problem for anyone in franchise mode that cares. I will say "thank you EA" but seriously it HAD to be patched. I think IMO praising EA is a bit much....."now you can have my $60 bucks" is more like it.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:18 PM   #40
Pro

quietcool72's Arena

OVR: 10

Well, I'm glad EA is addressing this.

Cheers to all the sports gaming fansites on this one- particularly MaddenNation (for the discovery..and some pressure) and the guys here at OS for "pressure" too... as well as the guys at my site. (I wonder if Brian Ekberg at Gamespot hates my Consolesports.net crew yet for emailing him repeatedly today urging him to make a holy stink about this one on Gamespot Sports..!)

Heh...sorry BrianEk...

Good job community. The stink we all collectively raised made EA react and acknowledge the problem with unprecedented speed. I don't think I've ever seen EA react this fast.

Raise a glass, community... you guys are the best pro-bono playtesters EA never hired... but its all for the love of the game.

"Chug.."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »