Home

Shotgun: BANG!

This is a discussion on Shotgun: BANG! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2006, 01:55 AM   #17
MVP

Badgun's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Shotgun: BANG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I don't have a clever addition. But I have to say, if this is indeed true and can't be disabled, it is, imo, one of the worst ideas in football gaming history.
From someone I know that has the game, it cannot be disabled, at least he couldn't find it in the options.
Old 08-18-2006, 01:55 AM   #18
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeTime23
Don't know about disabling it but I heard something while looking at the IGN vids. It was a Steve Smith long bomb and the crowd/announcer went into mute mode or were lowered and you heard like a jet sound until it was caught or dropped. Stupid idea IMO.
Wasn't realism their stated goal in one of those developer interviews?
Old 08-18-2006, 01:56 AM   #19
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgun
From someone I know that has the game, it cannot be disabled, at least he couldn't find it in the options.
Mute button here I come.
Old 08-18-2006, 01:56 AM   #20
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgun
That is no good. Why put these arcade features in a sim type game? I don't understand.
Old 08-18-2006, 02:10 AM   #21
MVP

xrams's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foddzy
I heard that Madden '07 will have a shotgun blast sound when there is a deep pass thrown. I was thinking that maybe some other situations could have their own sounds, long passes are great and all, but are they really the only exciting times of a game?

For instance, if a running back knocks a defender over on an inside run there could be a loud steam whistle sound like a train coming through. Badly thrown passes could start a duck quacking sound, etc... can you guys think of any others?
Foddzy... I don't know if your trying to be funny or not... but, this post is hilarious.... I mean a tear jerker....!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2006, 02:13 AM   #22
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Funny sh1t. It sounds more like a cannon or a bomb than a shotun to me tho,lol. EA lost me on that 1.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 08-18-2006, 02:49 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foddzy
I heard that Madden '07 will have a shotgun blast sound when there is a deep pass thrown. I was thinking that maybe some other situations could have their own sounds, long passes are great and all, but are they really the only exciting times of a game?

For instance, if a running back knocks a defender over on an inside run there could be a loud steam whistle sound like a train coming through. Badly thrown passes could start a duck quacking sound, etc... can you guys think of any others?
I think it sounds pretty kool. I do not know why. It just adds more excitement to it.

It does sound arcadish, but really adds to the experience.

Maybe they should also start adding voice over stuff like "Rampage!" or "Godlike!" when you make consecutive completions or consecutive hard hitting tackles. lol
Old 08-18-2006, 03:24 AM   #24
Pro

OVR: 0

I Guess the sound of the cannon was Ea's idea of presentation.Instead of making the clap when a receiver catches the ball(ala real football games)they make a shotgun.Great job EA way to be original.

Qoute -our graphics are sexy LMAO
There is NOTHING HUMANLY POSSIBLE that YOU can do to STOP ME.That is WHY they call ME UNCOVERABLE #85

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »