Home

Current Gen Xbox Questions and impressions.

This is a discussion on Current Gen Xbox Questions and impressions. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2006, 11:34 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 12
Current Gen Xbox Questions and impressions.

I just go the game with the help of a local retail store friend. If you guys got any questions just hit me up. Started Super Star Mode as a FS. Locked camera angle is pretty difficult to get used to for a couple reasons. I kinda wish you could use a camera angle more similar to the traditiional camera angles just locked onto your player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2006, 11:38 AM   #2
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Current Gen Xbox Questions and impressions.

Maybe already known, but what are franchise player roles and nfl network mode? How does the college all star game scouting work? What's different about scouting?
Old 08-19-2006, 11:44 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

Does it feel like last years game? I have both Xbox and 360. i'm definately getting 360 version but might pick Xbox up as well like I did with NCAA.
Old 08-19-2006, 12:22 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman
Does it feel like last years game? I have both Xbox and 360. i'm definately getting 360 version but might pick Xbox up as well like I did with NCAA.
Yea it's basically unchanged besides the new tweaks to the SS mode, new kicking meter, lead blocking mode and the new Nfl Network Mode. I didn't even hear about Nfl Network Mode, but I just tried it out it seems it just like Football 101 but with sterling sharp as the guy describing plays, not sure though I just played it for a minute.

The graphics seem slightly better. So far one of my favorite new features is that on offense and defense when you bring up the pre snap adjustments a summary of what all you can do is displayed on screen, it's very helpful. It's also kinda cool when you make user plays a little icon on the screen appears and says "user tackle" etc.

Last edited by maddenps2; 08-19-2006 at 12:32 PM.
Old 08-19-2006, 12:38 PM   #5
MVP

Just had a weird glitch in lead blocking mode, was 4th down and one and I decided to try a fake fb run have pitch I controlled the left tackle, I had no control of him and favre never pitched the ball. It seemed like I was controlling faver on the run play even though the camera was locked on the offensive lineman.

I don't know if this happened last year but now on instant replays that you bring up from the menu music plays in the backround.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2006, 01:20 PM   #6
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

I'd love to know what a typical season's simulated stats were.

Plus, if you could get the stats of a few backup HB's, all the better. Last year backup players never saw action in simmed games unless a starter was injured, i.e., the "original" fatigue glitch.
Old 08-19-2006, 01:28 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 10

Any changes to the Create-a-Team? New Unis, or Logos or such?
Old 08-19-2006, 01:39 PM   #8
Rookie

wishcoats's Arena

OVR: 4

If you have got it for current gen then they need to open a impressions sticky for current gen madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »