Home

Playing the Interface vs Playing Football: Fatigue

This is a discussion on Playing the Interface vs Playing Football: Fatigue within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2006, 06:18 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Playing the Interface vs Playing Football: Fatigue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Do you live near anyone you could up to, to get the patch? My nephews always bring thier 360 over here to get the download stuff.
I could if I can somehow hook my 360 up to a laptop and download it that way. My wife's workplace has a high speed connection hooked up to her laptop, but I won't be allowed to bring in a TV. Can this be done? I've never been on Xbox Live.
Old 08-19-2006, 06:38 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueballs
Is fatigue actually in the game or not? If it is, then you can play this way and not download the patch. Although, the cpu will be screwed because of the lack of auto sub.
Sorry, but I still don't understand or agree with this logic. If (as Ortiz says) fatigue is in the game, autosubs for both cpu and user should still work, just as the chance for fumbles and injuries increase. According to Ortiz, the UI is just a visual representation of something that's already there. So if it's already there, then everything based off that very thing should work as well. The UI is just cosmetic.

I hope I'm right. I guess we'll see.
Old 08-19-2006, 07:01 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead
Sorry, but I still don't understand or agree with this logic. If (as Ortiz says) fatigue is in the game, autosubs for both cpu and user should still work, just as the chance for fumbles and injuries increase. According to Ortiz, the UI is just a visual representation of something that's already there. So if it's already there, then everything based off that very thing should work as well. The UI is just cosmetic.

I hope I'm right. I guess we'll see.
Exactly the visual representation really has nothing to do with when the computer knows when to substitute, it's just a visual representation for the human player. The visual representation and actual fatigue is just synced together, the computer takes no ques from it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2006, 12:34 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddenps2
Exactly the visual representation really has nothing to do with when the computer knows when to substitute, it's just a visual representation for the human player. The visual representation and actual fatigue is just synced together, the computer takes no ques from it.
But the auto-sub doesn't work, so .....

Getting back to the OP, this sounds good but in fact the head coach isn't really making those kind of evaluations, and he would have no time to do so in the 10 seconds or so before he has to have personnel and a play sent in. He's got 8 or 9 other coaches telling him stuff, giving him advice. So if you want to look at it that way then the game interface is your coaching staff feeding you information.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »