Home

GameSpot Review now up!

This is a discussion on GameSpot Review now up! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2006, 01:21 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: GameSpot Review now up!

After watching that marathon last night, did anybody get the idea that the good people over at Gamespot know jack **** about football and sports games? The 7 year-olds I play online have better knowledge of the sport and the game.

These reviews are stupid imo. They talk about presentation, new headlining features and all the different modes. They don't understand anything about the complexities of the gameplay though. If it doesn't have a title they seem oblivious to any changes.

The ratings don't match up with the review. The Xbox versions rating vs. the 360 show how much they care about which is the more realistic sim. The only big difference aside from gameplay is a couple stupid game modes.

The 7.9 for the review isn't bad. I think thats a fair score, but I think its influenced by the wrong things is this person's review. I also think it doesn't fall in line at all with their past ratings of football games and their rating of the Xbox version. Thats what perplexes me.

Last edited by On Base; 08-23-2006 at 01:50 AM.
Old 08-23-2006, 01:24 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: GameSpot Review now up!

This Review can't be more accurate.. Definitely wish more reviews where more truthful as this one, so that EA would realize they have so much work ahead of them with this football game.. I just bought it and started playing a couple of games and I already want to return it! It is not good at all.. It's just like playing the Xbox 360's Madden 2006, except with mini games and some added new animations.. While the graphics are pretty good, the players models are horrible, i mean horrible. Just take a good look at the kicker and the holder and see how bad thier arms look, they look like they have long gorilla arms. Also almost every player has arms that look like the incredible Hulks arms, lol. Whoever is responsible for creating the players model's, should be fired on the spot. Oh with some extra bugs and no fatigue which would have been excusable when Madden 2006 was first released for the Xbox 360, but not for their 2nd installment of Madden 2007. Just terrible.. No Excuses.. It's almost laughable how bad EA and this Football game is...

Last edited by NYGmen56; 08-23-2006 at 03:46 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »