Home

Questons for folks that are really liking Madden 07 (360)

This is a discussion on Questons for folks that are really liking Madden 07 (360) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2006, 01:07 AM   #57
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Questons for folks that are really liking Madden 07 (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
But I'm sure you understood that the first time. I'd make a better analogy, but you may just look for a fault in it and avoid the issue again. You were wrong for attacking me. Your assumption was incorrect. And you were out of line.

Completely disagree. But if you want to continue the charade that you are just discussing the game, feel free.
Old 08-25-2006, 01:20 AM   #58
Pro

GamingJones's Arena

OVR: 8

I have enjoyed both Madden and NCAA a great deal this year. All the complaining and nitpicking confuses me...honestly. I just chalk it up some people will never be happy.

You want a game killer? MLB 2K6...THAT is a crap game.

Madden, while not perfect, looks pretty damn good and the game play is very respectable. Are their flaws in the franchise mode? Sure, but what football game has done the franchise mode better?

To each their own, I know I will enjoy my 360 football experience this year.
Old 08-25-2006, 07:02 AM   #59
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I agree with that to a point. But there was plenty of weirdness in other pieces of 2k. You could cheese in that game just as easily as Madden, and it was just as easy to scramble with QB's, imo. Both games had more than their share of AI holes and exploits, not to mention I found that 2k's X's and O's from a passing game on the offensive side of the ball led something to be desired.

How is that working for most teams. Most teams only defense for Vick is to rely on him making a mistake. When the Eagles beat the Falcons in the playoffs a few years ago, they blitzed him mercilessly, and that's how neutralized him. The only teams that have had much success playing Vick with a passive defense that I have seen have been Carolina and Tampa, and I attribute that to being able to generate such a good rush while only rushing 4 guys. Not to mention your theories on odd and even fronts isn't exactly correct or the only way teams like to run them.

My biggest complaint on the defensive side of the ball, is in an effort to make the rushing game more effective they over powered the blockers. .But for the most part, I don't see the defensive side of the ball, to be any less strategic than any other football game of the last generation. My other huge complaint is lack of very team specific defensive playbooks, ala 2k

No game, including 2k has really gotten that right. While 2k had double teams and such in the run game, if you had a truly dominant NT in a 3-4 or an average one it really didn't make much of a difference. With the possible exception of speed rushers on the outside I found that ratings hardly mattered in oline vs. dline play. High rated speed rushers could get to the QB at will. If interior linemen played straight up, they could be neutralized no matter their rating, and if they shot eiter the A gap, no matter their rating it was quite easy to penetrate the oline and blow plays up. I won't even go in to DB's lack of maintaining leverage in 3 deep coverage, or even from a man/free type coverage.

I could debate X's and O's with people till the cows come home, I have enough hands on experience at high enough levels, to go on and on. I find both Madden Next Gen, and any previous 2k or Madden game, have significant advantages and disadvantages when it comes to pure X's and O's from an NFL standpoint.

If always goes back to 2k with people like you. It was my favorite game of all time in the football arena. But you seem to remember for being more than it actually was.

Like Spank, I truly believe from your posts your mind was made up about this game before it even hit the shelves. And now for whateve reason, you've made it your mission on these forums, to have everyone see it the way you do.

good post dude

i love 2k but it was full of glitches. taking a DE way around the LT/RT to the qb wasn't very realistic. 3 down linemen shouldn't get to the qb--but they usually did. OL just watching Dlinemen walk right by them (as that OL watched them pass by)

Db ai...loop-d-loops mania

some of the 2k lovers need to spend less time defending & more time playing to qwell the "revisionist history"
Old 08-25-2006, 09:40 AM   #60
Rookie

pbtiger's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
This can be said about any console football game. There hasn't been a console football game, that you could deem ultra-realistic from an X's and O's standpoint. Not to mention the second a human takes control of the game via, controller, most realism is out the door.
Bingo, that is the best point in all of the threads lately.
Old 08-25-2006, 11:19 AM   #61
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
If we all respect each other's opinions, this could be very insightful. Any way...

I'm trying to get this on the OS record... how some could be in love with the game, and some could be so disappointed by it. Obviously, we all have different preferences, sensitivities, opinions, ect., but getting this out may help us appreciate other's opinions a little more.

And please read beyond the complaints to get the point of the thread.

I'm on the disappointed side of the fence, mainly because of:
  • Sub par collision detection - no regard for physics
  • No 3+ player interaction - double team blocks, gang tackling, ect.
  • Cut scenes replacing the walk up to the line and eliminating those few seconds needed to make defensive adjustments
  • The inconsistent presentation - on field perspective, but with a radio announcer
  • Lack of mobility with engaged blocks - especially DE/OT & LB/TE - making it too easy to escape the pocket with the QB, and hampering toss plays
  • Arcady sound effects
  • Lack of options (not modes) - ex. turning off effects, formation specific subs, ect.
What I'm looking for is people's feelings, or lack of feelings for the above... people that REALLY like the game. Specifically...

Are you simply not bothered by these things?
Are you bothered but overlook them because of the good in the game?
Are you sympathetic to EA's development time and priorities?
Are you not looking for realism in the game?
Do you feel the above don't effect realism?
Do you feel they don't effect gameplay at all?

You get where I'm going.
the no gang tackling/help d and collision detection are real game killers for me....i don't like the fact that that your help D is forced to stand and watch as you try and bring down a jamal lewis by yourself. football is a game of inches and everyone counts which makes help d/gang tackling essential, i think leaving this little piece of basic football out hinders the strategy of the game....a little realism goes a long way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2006, 12:08 PM   #62
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Completely disagree. But if you want to continue the charade that you are just discussing the game, feel free.
Maybe you could take a page from your own book and simply not enter this thread if you feell it's not authentic. Consider it.
Old 08-25-2006, 12:14 PM   #63
MVP

BezO's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxAbbitt
I have enjoyed both Madden and NCAA a great deal this year. All the complaining and nitpicking confuses me...honestly. I just chalk it up some people will never be happy.
Do you not feel my list of issues were legitimate? Do you disagree with them? Do you not mind them? Do you feel they don't effect gameplay? Are they issues you are simply not concerned with?

The point of the thread is to create some understanding. If you could give some detail, I'd appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxAbbitt
You want a game killer? MLB 2K6...THAT is a crap game.
Never played it thanks to previews/reviews. I was looking forward to trying MLB The Show, but I traded my PS2 for the 360.
Old 08-25-2006, 12:28 PM   #64
MVP

BezO's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
some of the 2k lovers need to spend less time defending & more time playing to qwell the "revisionist history"
Is this directed at me? If so, do you mind pointing out where I'm defending the game? Once 2K was brought up, I thought I made it clear that I agreed the game had AI and glitch issues.

Since Madden '07 hype began, I've seen a lot of statements like yours, but I don't remember anyone claiming 2K was perfect. I don't recall seeing anyone deny there were AI issues and glitches galore in that game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »