Home

Some Put More Energy Into Being Here and Griping.

This is a discussion on Some Put More Energy Into Being Here and Griping. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2006, 03:22 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Some Put More Energy Into Being Here and Griping.

you gotta understand.. if you're anticpating something and you're on cloud 9 about it. the drop off is going to be tremendously traumatic.
Old 08-24-2006, 03:24 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by IStillDoWhatIDo
you gotta understand.. if you're anticpating something and you're on cloud 9 about it. the drop off is going to be tremendously traumatic.
exactly what im sayin
Old 08-24-2006, 03:29 PM   #11
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Sometimes I feel the same way... I think to myself, "self, don't look into that thread that says glitches. you will be sorely disappointed." You know, the ignorance is bliss theory.

I don't think the problem is with people finding problems, or being too negative, or even too positive for that matter with the said game of choice. The problem is with the fanboys for and against the said game. When ignorance takes over and it becomes a pissing match. The problem is with people who have an agenda on either side.

I don't mind people bringing up 2K or Madden as a point of reference when discussing within each others threads because sometimes it's necessary to get a point across or back up the said statements. These boards are not fan sites, so we are not all going to gush over the said game.

IMO, people just need to learn how to take each others opinions with a grain of salt and maybe grow an extra layer of skin. We are not all going to agree with each other. Period.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2006, 03:32 PM   #12
All Star

OVR: 21

You're probably right DQ. I don't feel like I'm hating on the game; I just think there are some basic football concepts that are being totally disregarded which is ruining my ability to enjoy what's good about it. The game is what it is - I think I'm trying hard to take a 7.5 game and make it an 8.5-9 game.

But at the same time, at the same time I feel there's a place for comments/criticism. If you look at how the basketball games are being picked apart, I think that (plus the fact that they're competing against each other) makes for an overall better game. For both of them. Imo a game is good/great when it can stand up to the criticism; when the good outweighs the bad.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 08-24-2006, 03:33 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos1ted
Speaking from a different perspective, I feel that most people gripe about the game because we are all still bitter about the NFL license. I felt if there were more NFL games on the market, people would complain less about gripes and flaws. But seeing that the NFL has a huge following, and there's only one NFL game on the market, people are going to expect this game to be good enough to where they don't feel another game is necessary. In the past, if you didn't like a particular football game, you at least had 3 or 4 other games to choose from. One of those games were bound to make you happy. Unfortunately, the perceived effort (or lack thereof) from the company making the game is what has people hostile. I honestly believe that this game would have been more accepted if they took the "other company's" route and just build on the current gen engine. The most complaints I am seeing has to do with minor things like features and gang tackling which can easily be implemented. These gamers witnessed this in current gen, so when they are not seeing it in next gen then of course they are going to get upset. I seriously doubt that these people's sole intention is to make everyone else feel the same way that they do. These people only seek to voice their dislike for the game because this game has been getting nothing but praise since it's inception. The people feel that if another dislike towards the game is created, then it will garner the developer to put forth a little more effort when creating the next game so they can please those angry gamers. What bothered me the most is that the other company (not saying the name because I always get accused of starting wars on this site) seems to always steadily improve their products year to year (with the exception of the MLB game which really I can't comment on because I never played it, but I'd heard a lot of complaints on it).
no one is more bitter than you. you bring it up in almost all of your posts.
Old 08-24-2006, 03:44 PM   #14
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

Of course I'm bitter. But I bring out rational statements and logic. I only speak on what I know and experience first hand as a gamer. I've been a gamer since 1990 when I got my first gaming system, the NES. I was 7 years old at the time. I always kept the same basic library of games. One football game. One basketball game. One baseball game. One hockey game. One boxing game. and maybe a racing game or a fighting game. And with each game I always felt good about the ones I owned, because I had the opportunity to play similar games with it and decide which one I want to go with. A lot of people accuse me of being an EA *****, when in fact I own more EA games than anything. Just look at my Xbox live icon and see the top five games that are listed. 3 out of the 5 are EA games. So it's not like I complain about a game that I didn't play. I remember the first Madden I played. It was Madden 91. I had fun with that game. I never owned it because I had more fun with Tecmo Super Bowl. I never owned a Madden game until Madden '98 on the SNES. And guess what? That game had the same features as Madden '07 including the 40 yard dash!! WHO KNEW!! This is why gamers like myself are bitter. You going to throw a feature in my face that I played 8 years ago and expect to feel that you're trying to improve a game? Get real!! I have similar stories for Live but I'll leave that alone since this is the Madden forum.
Old 08-24-2006, 03:50 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 9

I'm relatively new to THIS board, but dealing with messageboards overall my friend explained that. People on message boards are experts, or veterans, or may consider themselves that, so they will already feel as though their word is the gospel.

About the game. I'm hard on it, not because it's not perfect, but because of the things that ARE wrong with it are flat out TACKY.

1. That presentation is TACKY.
2. All those choppy cut scenes and menus are TACKY.
3. The lack of features is TACKY

It's a good game, but they are professionals, so i expect them to at least show some level of CLASS and not look trifling.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2006, 03:57 PM   #16
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by IStillDoWhatIDo
I'm relatively new to THIS board, but dealing with messageboards overall my friend explained that. People on message boards are experts, or veterans, or may consider themselves that, so they will already feel as though their word is the gospel.

About the game. I'm hard on it, not because it's not perfect, but because of the things that ARE wrong with it are flat out TACKY.

1. That presentation is TACKY.
2. All those choppy cut scenes and menus are TACKY.
3. The lack of features is TACKY

It's a good game, but they are professionals, so i expect them to at least show some level of CLASS and not look trifling.
LOL YOU ARE DEFINITELY FROM DC. Welcome to the board fam. I love that southern slang although I'm originally from the north....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »