Home

why did they take out the individual D audible?

This is a discussion on why did they take out the individual D audible? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2006, 10:40 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
why did they take out the individual D audible?

last years madden on the old xbox was a top notch game. the best part about it, imo, was the level of control you had over your defense so you could adjust to what your opponent was doing (especially online). like making an OLB play zone in the flats when someone keeps dunking the ball off to the rb/fb. instead, this year on the 360, they give you a generalized position audible for everyone. so i cant make a LB spy, or play zone. the only thing i can do is make an OLB blitz. which, sorry to say, really sucks.

aside from that, you can no longer matchup your best corner on the other team best wide out. so if someone chooses to switch their package up with 3 wr to strong slot, i have my 3rd corner on him.

they really took a lot of the control away from the users this year. im amazed that everything that was done in the xbox version of 06 right was basically scrapped this year (except for the VC, but this year its a little more sluggish).

i know ill still play it, because if i dont, i wont have an nfl game...but im really annoyed with ea and the second year effort they put out. just sloppy, and less fun than last years xbox/ps2's 'last-gen' game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2006, 10:44 PM   #2
MVP

xylocaine's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: why did they take out the individual D audible?

Room was needed for to make the players sexier...
Old 08-24-2006, 10:57 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 9

uh, i was being serious.
Old 08-24-2006, 11:06 PM   #4
MVP

xylocaine's Arena

OVR: 12

Sorry, the only thing that will kill the sting of next gen madden sucking this badly is sarcasm.

I have no clue why they don't allow you do do defensive assignments or individual assignments on the feild... again, like has been stated many times by people not forcing a football game on their new 360 the next gen game while very pretty (minus the hunching gorillas) is totally stripped down. Bare boned.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »