Home

PC best version?

This is a discussion on PC best version? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2006, 01:10 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: PC best version?

I think the PC version the overall winner. In game saves, smoother framerate, mini camp, faster load times, more features, more camera angles, modding capabilities, and last but not least, cheaper. Compared to the 360 by the way.
Old 08-26-2006, 01:11 AM   #10
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
hmm....considering that pc gaming is in fact dying...I wouldn't call him an idiot...
LOL!

Quote:
edit: are you insinuating that EA is losing customers to itself??!!
It was a joke.....EA treatment of the PC version prior to 07 was so poor, I presumed they would freak out if they noticed people buying it over a console version. Again, it was a joke.
Old 08-26-2006, 01:13 AM   #11
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

as an avid pc gamer myself, I often find it depressing that PC gaming, outside of WOW, is dying...

what reasons do you have to believe that pc gaming is alive and kicking? is it halo 2 coming out for the pc at about the same time that halo 3 comes out for the 360? or perhaps it is all the original games that come out for the pc, or those great pc exclusives, or the wonderful NCAA football series on pc...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2006, 01:24 AM   #12
Nza
MVP

Quote:
as an avid pc gamer myself, I often find it depressing that PC gaming, outside of WOW, is dying...

what reasons do you have to believe that pc gaming is alive and kicking? is it halo 2 coming out for the pc at about the same time that halo 3 comes out for the 360? or perhaps it is all the original games that come out for the pc, or those great pc exclusives, or the wonderful NCAA football series on pc...
Crysis? UT2007? ET: Quake Wars? C&C: Tiberium Wars? Supreme Commander? HL2 EP2/3? TF2? DX10? Vista? Physics Processing Units? Dual and Quad Core gaming? SLI and Quad SLI? Seriously, name me one game for the 360 other than Halo 3 people are excited about. All those games I listed above are potential 95+/100 games.

The same nonsense comes out every time a new console arrives. Not many PC only games right now but besides the fact they play better on the PC (FPS and RTS on console is ******** IMO), it's only a matter of time before PC games become too advanced yet again. When the PS2 came out, it was because PC games simply became too graphically advanced. This will happen again, but this time around the PC actually has two distinct advantages already on the horizon - DX10 which the Xbox does not support (which is the biggest leap in DX tech, well, ever) and Physics Processing Units, which have the potential to impact gaming like the transition from 2D to 3D did. Not to mention PC is shifting from 32bit to 64bit right now, and Dual Core CPU's and multi core videocards are becoming standard. The 360 is already out muscled now let alone the moment AMD and Intel release their Quad Core CPU's in early 2007.

PC gaming is evolving, not dieing.
Old 08-26-2006, 01:28 AM   #13
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

let's see....fps, fps, fps, rts, rts, fps, fps

yeah, very diverse...

I'm excited for all of these games, but console gaming>>>>>>>>>pc gaming...

there just aren't that many original games on pc...there aren't many in general, but even less on pc...no god of war, shadow of the colossus, gears of war, darkness, dead rising, nada...
Old 08-26-2006, 02:10 AM   #14
Nza
MVP

Who said anything about diverse? Why would PC gaming become something it never really was in the midst of new consoles?

Besides, those are just big name titles. Plenty of other genres still get on the PC, they just don't usually get as much attention. Tomb Raider Legends, for example. Full Spectrum Warrior. GTR2 and TOCA RD3. Madden 07 right now also - hell, you've got people on OS, a usually very non-PC community already proclaiming it as the best version this year. As I said, the ones I mentioned are just the really big names. I think you'll find consoles aren't much more diverse if you're strictly speaking big name games, because only specific genres sell big.

Anyway, the point wasn't 360 vs PC, the point is PC gaming isn't dieing. It has always been like it is - RTS, RPG, FPS. It has come this far, it isn't going anywhere. Every console launch brings on the PC's death, and soon after every time it becomes a case of "we'll get it next time".
Old 08-26-2006, 03:50 AM   #15
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

I'm loving Madden on PC, it's great.

Has anyone found a way to map your controller configuration so it doesnt change every damn button for every catagory?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2006, 05:46 AM   #16
Nza
MVP

Unfortunately you can't avoid that I don't think, one button is linked to one function in all categories - so for example what you choose for dive on offense has to be dive on defense. Who knows, maybe we'll crack open the profile files (which is where it stores controller info I presume) and edit it ourselves!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »